+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 428 of 560 FirstFirst ... 328378418426427428429430438478528 ... LastLast
Results 4,271 to 4,280 of 5595

Thread: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

Right now, a Tuesday night the traffic is flowing freely both ways an hour before kick off, slight wait at new roundabout as per usual and kingswells roundabout is free flowing both ways... obviously that will change with football traffic but hey, welcome to the world of commuting

Quote Originally Posted by 64syrupofjarvie View Post
    Right now, a Tuesday night the traffic is flowing freely both ways an hour before kick off, slight wait at new roundabout as per usual and kingswells roundabout is free flowing both ways... obviously that will change with football traffic but hey, welcome to the world of commuting
    Absolutely, but will be far easier than the gridlock around Pittodrie at the moment after games.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Absolutely, but will be far easier than the gridlock around Pittodrie at the moment after games.
    Comparing apples with oranges.

Thousands walk from city centre and other parts of town to Pittodrie so aren't affected by this "gridlock".

Walking from anywhere other than Westhill is not an option with the proposed new location.

Quote Originally Posted by kkong View Post

Thousands walk from city centre and other parts of town to Pittodrie so aren't affected by this "gridlock".

Walking from anywhere other than Westhill is not an option with the proposed new location.
    Apparently 45% of our support is from outwith or outlying areas.....they are all making huge efforts and time sacrifices to get to Pittodrie from wherever....now they will get to the new ground quicker cos of the bypass....toonsers that are moaning when nearly half the support already take half a day to get in on a match day....don't use it as an excuse not to go when others are already taking much longer

I’m not from the area but doesn’t the name of the club come from the toon?

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I’m not from the area but doesn’t the name of the club come from the toon?
    Aye it does and Kingsford is still within the city boundary.

Quote Originally Posted by 64syrupofjarvie View Post
    Apparently 45% of our support is from outwith or outlying areas.....they are all making huge efforts and time sacrifices to get to Pittodrie from wherever....now they will get to the new ground quicker cos of the bypass....toonsers that are moaning when nearly half the support already take half a day to get in on a match day....don't use it as an excuse not to go when others are already taking much longer
    Journeying from Glasgow by train, citylink or megabus how am i going to get to any new ground quicker because of the bypass??? how c

I could walk it to Pittodrie from Guild Street in a lot less time than it is going to take me by any shuttle bus. Somebody suggested getting off at Stonehaven and having a couple of drinks there then use a shuttle bus from there. Aye great idea. Do my mates in Aberdeen then come and meet me in Stoney then we all go out together? Doing that and the whole social aspect has gone. A 3pm kick off on a Saturday still gives me a number of travel options getting there or getting back at reasonable prices. If i have to then spend ages travelling from the city centre to a new ground then these choices and options are severely limited thus increasing costs to an already expensive enough day.

Quote Originally Posted by kkong View Post

Actually I wasn’t.
    I was comparing those that drive to Pittodrie and likely to drive to Kingsford.

You have a point on walkers to the game, but wasn’t the survey about 12% (1700 ish IIRC) that only walked to the game.
    Far more take various measures of transport to get to Pittodrie.

Have all the same discussions not been had previously in this thread, self included....Thing is we'll just have to wait and see now

Page 428 of 560 FirstFirst ... 328378418426427428429430438478528 ... LastLast