+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 302 of 560 FirstFirst ... 202252292300301302303304312352402 ... LastLast
Results 3,011 to 3,020 of 5595

Thread: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

Quote Originally Posted by NewOrleansRed View Post
    My life long ambition of starting an American Football team in Inverurie now has its name. Cheers for that.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Maybe Dundee's New ground will meet the criteria.......

Are Dundee to progress ahead of Aberdeen? Bottom 6 here we come on that basis
    I never mentioned anything about progress

I just pointed out that Dens and Tanndice are tips like Pittodrie

Quote Originally Posted by curvasud View Post

They've also taken the club's city centre spend estimate of £510,000 per annum, or an average of £1.45 per fan per year.
    I am refusing to believe that

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    The stadium should be in the city, and don't go moving signposts and pretending a field in the middle of nowhere is technically in the city.

Aberdeen Football Club should play in Aberdeen.

Now, if you live in a field in the middle of nowhere and want to support the mighty Dons then you are more than welcome.
    Come to the city, make a day of it.

But don't expect us to move to a field.
    Start your own f'uckin football team.
    Excellent.
    Well worthy of a pint.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    That's fair enough. Build Phase 1 so that the players can train on consistent surfaces. They can all get there by car and luxuriate in the 1400 parking spaces without adding significantly to traffic. Let the community use the facilities when we dinna need them.

A far easier and cheaper 'build' than something that looks like a Tesco. A tiny mortgage added to the cash already committed.

And there's a fine grassy bit at the foot of Merkland Road East that we can play fitba on. A couple of coats of paint, some new seats, a canopy ower Y, re-develop the Mainer losing fewer seats for a season than we did when we had the Beach End demolished in 93-94, negotiate with the cooncil to bridge Pittodrie Street (possibly with a slight re-alignment) to keep the prawn sandwich lot happy, maintain the capacity and widen the pitch if that's what UEFA needs. Then replace the rest of the stands as required and g=funds allow.

My only concern is that the W.A.N.K.S would see it as a victory, given that the only thing going for the major development, as far as I'm concerned, is that it would annoy a squealing crowd of lying bourgeois self-satisfied NIMBY wife-swapping bifters.
    I'd put this on a t-shirt

Don't you jist love this threed............all the "am no moving blah blah blah" and all the "we will be better oot there blah blah blah"
    The bottom line is SM cant win either way (depending on whit side o the fence you stand) we move folks hate him for the debt.........we stay folks just hate him. I am a don't know kind o guy......I get that todders is a dump and something seriously has to be done about it.......would love a new fit for purpose stadium in the city limits but is that possible??? SM obviously has a budget in mind for the build and land will play a massive part in how much is left over for the actual stadium and training facilities.

Aberdeen FC are my team and my kids team and hopefully my kids kids team so we need to have something to leave for them.
    Either way where ever my team decide to play football I will follow them and get behind the club in everyway I can.
    All I ask is IF we move please can we the fans have a stadium that we can be proud of both in design and cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Redmadders96 View Post
    The bottom line is SM cant win either way (depending on whit side o the fence you stand) we move folks hate him for the debt.........we stay folks just hate him.

I dislike him and its nothing to do with the stadium. The location doesn't help but I had a fair few grievances before this sh@t

Quote Originally Posted by Redmadders96 View Post
    The bottom line is SM cant win either way we move folks hate him for the debt.........we stay folks just hate him.

I am a don't know kind o guy......
    don't you know he had already created a big escalating debt..

people have opinions on his chairmanship based on his previous incompetent decisions

I see our dear leader is bumping his gums about being embarrassed by our lack of facilities.

Wasn’t embarrassed by signing a rapist, flashing his knickers at the Huns or the consistent Glasgow bottle jobs. No, it’s the lack of somewhere to put some cones out that’s shaming him. Faaak off

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I see our dear leader is bumping his gums about being embarrassed by our lack of facilities.

Wasn’t embarrassed by signing a rapist, flashing his knickers at the Huns or the consistent Glasgow bottle jobs. No, it’s the lack of somewhere to put some cones out that’s shaming him. Faaak off
    Saw that in the Record and thought, would training facilities stop you from plapping it v the pigs. I think not

Page 302 of 560 FirstFirst ... 202252292300301302303304312352402 ... LastLast