+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 291 of 560 FirstFirst ... 191241281289290291292293301341391 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,910 of 5595

Thread: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    That would also suggest a quarter of Aberdeen fans think it’s a sh1t idea.

With the amount of time & money spent on this already, we shouldn’t need convincing.
    No it suggests that a quarter of fans aren’t for it. However of that 25% there could be any number who are nuetral and don’t care. Plenty folk will come and see the team wherever we play.

So you didn’t read the part where the poster said a large number of fans were against it. That would suggest to me that he was speaking for a large number of fans. Does that help?

Quote Originally Posted by eastnuekdon View Post
    So you didn’t read the part where the poster said a large number of fans were against it. That would suggest to me that he was speaking for a large number of fans. Does that help?
    I agree with you, i would imagine that the vast majority of fans are all for it but if you ask people if they want a new shiny fancy thing they would also say yes.

It doesn't matter, it's going ahead but the points being raised against are pretty reasonable.

Having a £60m debt being described as "managable" is nonsense.

There's really no point arguing about it. It is never going to happen because they haven't got the money to pay for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    I agree with you, i would imagine that the vast majority of fans are all for it but if you ask people if they want a new shiny fancy thing they would also say yes.

It doesn't matter, it's going ahead but the points being raised against are pretty reasonable.

I’m not disagreeing with the points either side are making. What I was pointing out was keyboard warriors saying they are speaking for the majority when they aren’t. That was all. Personally I am for it as long as we ha move a reasonable amount of funding in place and then pay off the rest as a structured debt ie a mortgage. If yoh want shiny new things sometimes you have to live a little beyond your means.
    Or we can sit and shiver next to the North Sea **** it whatever I’ll still support the team.

We will shiver at the Masonic Milne Dome too though. Its nae in the Bahamas

I’m not disagreeing with the points either side are making. What I was pointing out was keyboard warriors saying they are speaking for the majority when they aren’t. That was all. Personally I am for it as long as we ha move a reasonable amount of funding in place and then pay off the rest as a structured debt ie a mortgage. If yoh want shiny new things sometimes you have to live a little beyond your means.
    Or we can sit and shiver next to the North Sea **** it whatever I’ll still support the team.
    Less of the keyboard warriors eh ! A large part of dons fans are against the move ...nobody said the majority...I drink in the east end club before games and I honestly have never heard a voice in there for the move...where I work all the dons fans are against the move ...where I sit at pittodrie all the season tickets holders I speak with are all against it...so it might not be a majority of dons fans but there is certainly a large % against it....as for what kind of crowds we will get then if it gets the go ahead and we magic up some money to pay for it then I guess a few years after we move those for/ against will be saying to the other side ‘ told you so ‘...

When the Aberdeen supporters trust ran a survey there was 75% support for the move. That number would suggest the majority of Aberdeen fans behind the move to a new stadium. The vocal minority on here are entitled to their opinion the same as everyone else. Just don’t kid yourself that you speak for everyone else.
    Not that old chestnut. They had a twitter poll 'RT after you voted' like ken.

Twitter polls tend to show 93% will vote Labour or EU in/out. They are retweeted amongst a group of people with the same interests to reaffirm their opinion in their mind. There's been no actual research into Aberdeen fans opinions on it at all. You'd do that with representative samples in real life with people at games.

Personally, bar none I haven't spoken to anyone in real life for the stadium. At work, in pubs, at games, nobody. Nobody can be ****ed with the buses and location relative to toon.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post

Where are you getting a figure of £60m debt from ?

Quote Originally Posted by mastrick1960 View Post
    I drink in the east end club before games and I honestly have never heard a voice in there for the move...where I work all the dons fans are against the move ...where I sit at pittodrie all the season tickets holders I speak with are all against it...so it might not be a majority of dons fans but there is certainly a large % against it....
    Exactly the same, but drinking in almost every establishment east of schoolhill. Before we discovered/realised there wouldn't be a new 10 minute metro from town to Westhill and the baisc designs were done there were plenty looking forward to the potential though.

Page 291 of 560 FirstFirst ... 191241281289290291292293301341391 ... LastLast