+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 149 of 560 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159199249 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 5595

Thread: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    If either of those things happen, I'll run down Union St in a John Brown Rangers top

many many will hold you to this. Your taking a big gamble on this one..

Quote Originally Posted by DonVincenzo (The II) View Post
    many many will hold you to this. Your taking a big gamble on this one..
    Absolutely.

Maybe he has inside knowledge (or even a vote on ACC!).

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    I had to laugh last night. I went oot to Lawsondale to watch my old boys team(get humped). Obviously I go the Kinnelar roundabout way as I'm fae Meldrum. Its good to see the sights of Westhill that way. As you come in you pretty much see Tesco right away with its massive painted Tesco along the side of the grey building, this takes up a decent amount of the skyline, behind that and clearly visible on the skyline is the Arnhall Business Park inclusive of the hangar that is Costco. But in the town you have the lego looking Holiday inn which looks sh@te and across the road there is one of those identikit Aldis. This was all seen as I was driving listening to my tunes and nae really giving a f@ck about my surroundings. There are probably more "sights" I missed. If I noticed it all with out trying how did the NIMBYs feel, some of them must have had heart attacks as its actually "in their back yard". They must have put in complaints galore for each and everyone of these buildings................................then again

I've always wondered what the furore, protest marches and riots must have been like in Westhill 10 years ago. Can imagine it would have been unstoppable carnage as the outraged locals who only care for the aesthetics and environment of Westhill marched to the council offices to put their local representatives heids on pikes.

Or were they just proud of coming 3rd?
    vvvvvvvvv

http://www.bdonline.co.uk/scars-blot...096795.article

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    I had to laugh last night. I went oot to Lawsondale to watch my old boys team(get humped). Obviously I go the Kinnelar roundabout way as I'm fae Meldrum. Its good to see the sights of Westhill that way. As you come in you pretty much see Tesco right away with its massive painted Tesco along the side of the grey building, this takes up a decent amount of the skyline, behind that and clearly visible on the skyline is the Arnhall Business Park inclusive of the hangar that is Costco. But in the town you have the lego looking Holiday inn which looks sh@te and across the road there is one of those identikit Aldis. This was all seen as I was driving listening to my tunes and nae really giving a f@ck about my surroundings. There are probably more "sights" I missed. If I noticed it all with out trying how did the NIMBYs feel, some of them must have had heart attacks as its actually "in their back yard". They must have put in complaints galore for each and everyone of these buildings................................then again
    Aye Pacman, good summary. However, you did't mention the soulless sheds of the new Kingshill Business Park being built directly across from the proposed Kingsford site. The NIMBY's have absolutely no case with respect to aesthetics due to all the other developments in Westhill over the last 15 years. No, their only gripe is traffic and parking. It would be f@cking pathetic and embarrassing for the whole North-East if the development is kb'd on those grounds alone. There are solutions to the traffic and parking (for only 20 days in each year for f@ck sake) challenges - just need people to do their jobs.

If anyone needed any further convincing that this development has to go ahead just watch McInnes' Aurora launch interview. Watch Milne's and Yule's also then you'll get your answers. Good editorial in the Presser yesterday - they are on board now. I'll do my bit and write to Andrew Bowie, Alastair Burnett, Ron McKail and Alistair McKelvie telling them to get a f@cking grip and support the development.

*ALLFORAURORA (No hashtag on a Mac keyboard!) .... COYR!

Quote Originally Posted by Landvetter83 View Post
    Aye Pacman, good summary. However, you did't mention the soulless sheds of the new Kingshill Business Park being built directly across from the proposed Kingsford site. The NIMBY's have absolutely no case with respect to aesthetics due to all the other developments in Westhill over the last 15 years.!
    As I said that was all I noticed as I wasn't deliberately trying to notice anything (was too busy singing along to Bruce Dickinson Tattooed Millionaire)

To be noted the Holiday Inn looks totally sh@te and made of lego

JUST BACK FAE THE GAME

Ferencvaros won 2-0

Build anything like this stadium and there will be few if any complaints.

Good points include beer and decent food before during and after the game.
    The chance to let the crowd disperse while you are having a pint and a moan about the referree is a good one.

All food and drink payable only by your Fradi card.
    Top ups to the card available from the many pretty girs scattered about the place.

Crap kick off time so the crowd was only about 8000
    It was a good atmosphere though, 2oo-300 behind the goal made a racket, mind you the Hungarians know a thing or two about acoustics.

Half an hour after the final whistle I'm home
    No underground metro in Aberdeen of course but the transport will be so very important.

Personally I'm hoping for a bus laid on from the Mazada bar.

Just before anyone mentions rules

Last edited by donsdaft; 17-08-2017 at 07:03 PM.

Aye Pacman, good summary. However, you did't mention the soulless sheds of the new Kingshill Business Park being built directly across from the proposed Kingsford site. The NIMBY's have absolutely no case with respect to aesthetics due to all the other developments in Westhill over the last 15 years. No, their only gripe is traffic and parking. It would be f@cking pathetic and embarrassing for the whole North-East if the development is kb'd on those grounds alone. There are solutions to the traffic and parking (for only 20 days in each year for f@ck sake) challenges - just need people to do their jobs.

If anyone needed any further convincing that this development has to go ahead just watch McInnes' Aurora launch interview. Watch Milne's and Yule's also then you'll get your answers. Good editorial in the Presser yesterday - they are on board now. I'll do my bit and write to Andrew Bowie, Alastair Burnett, Ron McKail and Alistair McKelvie telling them to get a f@cking grip and support the development.

It's not about aesthetics. There are rules regarding building on green belt land. I am against this location, and I'm not from westhill. I am genuinely interested in how you think the planning committee are going to address this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    JUST BACK FAE THE GAME

Ferencvaros won 2-0

Build anything like this stadium and there will be few if any complaints.

Good points include beer and decent food before during and after the game.
    The chance to let the crowd disperse while you are having a pint and a moan about the referree is a good one.

All food and drink payable only by your Fradi card.
    Top ups to the card available from the many pretty girs scattered about the place.

Crap kick off time so the crowd was only about 8000
    It was a good atmosphere though, 2oo-300 behind the goal made a racket, mind you the Hungarians know a thing or two about acoustics.

Half an hour after the final whistle I'm home
    No underground metro in Aberdeen of course but the transport will be so very important.

Personally I'm hoping for a bus laid on from the Mazada bar.

Just before anyone mentions rules

That's a definite for april now min

Ha - try this - Alt key and top of keyboard 3 - not the three on the numeric pad ############

Don't forget councillors Iris Walker & David Aitchison, and that unelected waste of space, list MSP Mike Rumbles

Page 149 of 560 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159199249 ... LastLast