+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 252 of 560 FirstFirst ... 152202242250251252253254262302352 ... LastLast
Results 2,511 to 2,520 of 5595

Thread: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    You guys are portraying an issue with debt (which there may be a plan for) but then openly backing options which would be more expensive at least in nett terms.
    You're putting emotions ahead of the financial options.

If I thought it was cheaper to redevelop Pittodrie or to move to the Kings links, I'd probably back that option, but the truth is it wouldn't.

Let's accept Kingsford does not happen and DM /The Doc, take the next opportunity away because we can give no commitment on progress. Detail out exactly what you think would be a realistic option and how much would it cost the club with that option?

And with that...

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Regression, going forward... give it a rest eh?
    Quote Originally Posted by DonUnder View Post
    You guys are happy to restrict home fans attendances.
    I understand Mason, he doesn't go anyway (well hardly), but that's not good for the rest of the support

I can't make my mind up weather your joking or deluded
    I'll take it as joking given the city's interest comment

Well, if you are going to tell me that some private company owns the links then I'm deluded.
    However, and I strongly suspect this might be true, the council own the links this means I own the links, this means you own the links.

So, what are you going to charge the Dons to build their new stadium on your land?

I'm saying £1.05 per annum but I'm prepared to negotiate.

What about paying to move the first two holes of the golf course and the driving range AND £1.05 per annum?

I don't believe regression is the way forward.
    Our average in the 6 home games we've played this year is 16,313.
    I don't see how streamlining and limiting fans ability to go to the games is the best way forward.

What's your estimated cost to redevelop Pittodrie as a smaller ground?
    I'm guessing this will also impact the ability to host games such the Scotland v Holland going forward.
    Your numbers would say that I've got the required capacity pretty much on the money. Tick. No idea of cost, not my responsibility. However, it's clear that cost wasn't a consideration when looking to pitch up in a fieldy giving no exec has a clue how to finance the place. True, better keep in mind the SFA bringing dead rubbers to the peasants in the NE. Stayed oot of this thread for 125 pages, Time to exit again. You're head has been turned by a shiny bauble in a fieldy. Your opinion and welcome to it. My opinion is we don't have 52M to drap on a 4 sided sheddy in the sticks for Scottish football which really isn't needed. That's a lot of 3rd party team building, HSE course to recuperate the cash. In 10years from now one side will be right.

What exactly is it you want Aberdeen to be doing in future, that they’re not doing just now? Even if the new ground is a roaring success, the training facilities are world class & there’s no transport issues, we still aren’t going to win the league or do well in Europe.

The best hope for AFC is to be best placed to scoop up anything that isn’t won by the Huns or Tims. That’s achievable just now without moving.
    I disagree.
    The next stage is to progress to the EL play-off round and then into the groups.
    Maybe in time start competing to get out of the groups.

Your right though, not taking the opportunity to improve means at best we play third fiddle if we don't meet the cheeks.
    We will though be behind (off the field at least) of Hearts and Hibs who can position themselves ahead of us in the "best of the rest" league.
    Now, they are not better than us at the moment, they were set back being relegated, but for investment and opportunity, they may offer better options in the years to come.

We either need to position to compete in the long term, else accept that we have reached our peak and lament how we didn't take the opportunity when it was available.

How do we challenge Hearts & Hibs if we’ve got £50m of debt & they don’t?

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Well, if you are going to tell me that some private company owns the links then I'm deluded.
    However, and I strongly suspect this might be true, the council own the links this means I own the links, this means you own the links.

So, what are you going to charge the Dons to build their new stadium on your land?

I'm saying £1.05 per annum but I'm prepared to negotiate.

What about paying to move the first two holes of the golf course and the driving range AND £1.05 per annum?
    Do you think the council would accept that idea?
    Move the range and holes to where? Seaton behind the cat and dogs home.
    Take away some of the football pitches?

Can't see this council going for that

How do we challenge Hearts & Hibs if we’ve got £50m of debt & they don’t?
    We wouldn't have £50m debt and your proposals would cost more

Do you think the council would accept that idea?
    Move the range and holes to where? Seaton behind the cat and dogs home.
    Take away some of the football pitches?

Can't see this council going for that
    Well, let's get a council that will go for that.

We wouldn't have £50m debt and your proposals would cost more
    You don’t know if either point you made there was right. No one does because the whole things half @rsed

Page 252 of 560 FirstFirst ... 152202242250251252253254262302352 ... LastLast