+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 547 of 560 FirstFirst ... 47447497537545546547548549557 ... LastLast
Results 5,461 to 5,470 of 5595

Thread: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Did anyone watch the press conference on RedTV with Cormack, Lewis and Campbell? Just wondered if anyone had any thoughts on it?

Cormack clearly has lots of ideas and plenty of enthusiasm. Seems his approach is "let's try things - if they work, great - if they don't, at least we've tried". I quite like that. Only thing that irked me was him reiterating this "challenger brand" thing. I don't understand why he comes out with that - I guess he's trying to set realistic expectations, but still, he must know that it doesn't come across well to fans.

I get the impression he'll put more demands on McInnes than Milne ever did, in relation to the way we play and the targets set etc. There were a few awkward moments where he made "jokes" and neither Lewis or Campbell laughed (particularly not Lewis who looked uncomfortable just being there). I didn't think Lewis came across all that well when he spoke, he's dreary and not inspirational in the slightest. Campbell has a bit more passion for the club being a fan himself. I wonder if Cormack will get involved in trying to influence McInnes decisions about who to give the captaincy to etc? He seems like the kind of guy who would. Will be interesting to see how McInnes reacts to greater scrutiny, demands and interference.
    My summation?

McInnes has Cormack’s backing sadly.
    Cormack isn’t good at wise cracks.
    He should stop using so much business talk such as “pillars” etc
    He tries things which is good.
    I didn’t listen to it all as I got bored & wont have a season ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    My summation?

Yeah, there were a few David Brent moments when he cracked a joke and it was as if Joe Lewis wasn't even listening, total tumbleweed moment...
    Agree there's a lot of "business speak" - maybe that'll die down a bit as time passes.
    It wasn't the most exciting viewing - I persevered, but almost gave up when Joe Lewis waffled on for a few minutes about nothing.
    He seems to be backing McInnes for the time being, but he's pretty clear on what he's wanting in terms of entertainment on the park, which is a bit of a boot up McInnes' backside

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    My summation?

My summation

McInnes has Cormack’s backing sadly - for now

Cormack isn’t good at wise cracks - didnt see it but doubless correct

He should stop using so much business talk such as “pillars” etc - Aye the business speak is utter waank & they all need to cut it out

He tries things which is good - yep 100% He's light years away from Milne which can only be a good thing

I didn’t listen to it all as I got bored & wont have a season ticket - likewise

I wont have a ST mainly due to the loons fitba - but I wasnt getting one anyway for reasons I've covered plenty times before.

My bottom line is that until the club starts showing some genuine ambition & desire to change the status quo up here I'm not wasting any more of my cash on a pointless exercise.

I like Cormack. I like his "lets try it & see" attitude. Refreshingly differemt from the usual Scottish / Aberdonian attitude of coming up with 100 reason not to do something.

His thinking is fresh, different, positive, innovative & encouraging so he might just win me back in time.

He's the polar opposite to Milne in so many ways & for that alone he has my 100% support - albeit not via a ST next year.

I watched it all and agree with the comments from the posters above. I thought Lewis just repeated himself three or four times. The club is crying out for new enthusiasm and thankfully Cormack appears to have that in abundance (for the time being anyway). He seems to have plenty ideas and it's great he's trying out new things, some of which will work, some wont and as was said we wont know without doing anything. I don't like the challenger brand talk either but think that is just realism. What it all does come across as, is he wants to change the whole going to football into an event type of day rather than for the majority of us I would imagine meeting up with your mates have a few beers go to the game and then go home. I do however think we have to back him up a bit and at least see if his ideas work or not.

"What it all does come across as, is he wants to change the whole going to football into an event type of day"

See that really worries me. It smacks of franchise American sports bollox.

Just because he isnt Milne doesnt mean he isnt a clunt.

I agree to give him time and see what he can do.
    Last edited by redscot; 12-03-2020 at 04:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by redscot View Post
    "What it all does come across as, is he wants to change the whole going to football into an event type of day"

See that really worries me. It smacks of franchise American sports bollox.

Just because he isnt Milne doesnt mean he isnt a clunt.

I agree to give him time and see what he can do.
    He did talk about segmenting the fan base and trying to appeal to different sections of it which makes sense. I think a lot of it is about trying to get more youngsters along and to grow future fans of the club. Again that makes sense and shouldn’t take away from those older fans who want to just enjoy the match. I think the red shed idea is geared towards those who want to go and try generate a better atmosphere. Whether the “event” type approach will work on a freezing cold winters day in Aberdeen remains to be seen - some ideas aren’t transferable, but I guess it’s worth a shot.

Would be interesting to see what his longer term goals are. Does he ultimately expect us to be challenging for the title - does he feel this strategy he has can potentially get us to that level, or is it more of just trying to come third every year and pick up the odd cup along the way - because ultimately that’s just the same as what we’ve had in recent years - in other words, it’s just a new approach to achieve the same thing. I think we’re really wanting a new approach to achieve new goals.

He made no reference to winning things and only mentioned hibs and hearts as comparisons.

I think his ambitions are purely finance driven in the American model.

I have the fear we have replaced someone with fake hair for someone with fake teeth.

And he can get phucked on the new stadium.

As i said, time will tell.

Name:  DBAFAE44-6FD9-4249-B77D-7114CD4F6919.jpg
Views: 708
Size:  10.7 KB

If he confirms that plans for the new stadium have been dumped, and dumped for good, I’ll be first in line for a season ticket for PITTODRIE.

No I won’t
    I can’t afford it
    You get the general jist though.
    Last edited by donsdaft; 04-04-2020 at 08:13 PM.

A fine excuse to bin the makey uppy plans that were never going to happen

Page 547 of 560 FirstFirst ... 47447497537545546547548549557 ... LastLast