+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 152 of 560 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154162202252 ... LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 5595

Thread: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

Intresting to hear journalist Robert Coonan (lifelong Dons man) on Off the Ball saying if he goes by what hes been told, then it wont happen.

From their noddy campaign site website... www.downwiththissortofthing.com

The reason AFC are looking for a new home else where, is because over the years they have failed to take advantage of the areas of land surrounding the current stadium, when they came on the market. Where every adjoining piece of land has been available to be purchased to increase their land available, for all that they are planning else where. All of the surrounding land, originally industrial use and now used for new housing came available within months of each other, along with the gas works. All could have been used to extend the area required for turning the pitch and utilising the new purchased land for training facilities and even an underground car park.

It does not take a genius to work out that 1) land designated for housing has a huge premium associated with it and we also did not have the money to spend on buying land up 2) buying land designated for housing as and when it becomes available does not make business sense unless you have plans to extend the stadium at the time 3) even if you bought 1 or 2 pieces of land in the hope at some stage that other land will become available, the other land will go to market at even higher prices because they know you need the land 4) turning the pitch? That would mean a demolition of the whole stadium - where would Aberdeen play for the 2/3 seasons when there was no stadium? The Duthie Park? 6) underground car park? right next to the space shuttle launch pad I am presuming.

Back of the fag packet calculation would be this plan would cost more like £100M, would stand less chance of happening and is totally unfeasible anyway.

Fick me.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Intresting to hear journalist Robert Coonan (lifelong Dons man) on Off the Ball saying if he goes by what hes been told, then it wont happen.
    I presume the Council will be handing out free banjos to the councillors before the meeting.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Bryan Cooney?

I thought he sounded like a bit of a useful idiot for opponents of the scheme, basically saying as a Dons fan he wanted it to happen but he understood why local residents might object. I don't think he'd given a second thought to how valid or fair these objections might be.
    Last edited by DollyLongstaffe; 21-08-2017 at 10:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DollyLongstaffe View Post
    Bryan Cooney?

I thought he sounded like a bit of a useful idiot for opponents of the scheme, basically saying as a Dons fan he wanted it to happen but he understood why local residents might object. I don't think he'd given a second thought to how valid or fair these objections might be.
    Aye Bryan. Getting mixed up wi him and Bob Cooney.

Style over substance.......

Quote Originally Posted by leontrotsky View Post
    Style over substance.......
    As cryptic crossword clues go, that's a beezer!

PERMAFROST ??

Quote Originally Posted by Landvetter83 View Post
    As cryptic crossword clues go, that's a beezer!

PERMAFROST ??
    Christo and Jeanne-Claude?

Bump

See if we can keep it to one thread for the nimby's and pants pishers to greet on instead of the two we've got the noo.

Quote Originally Posted by eastnuekdon View Post
    Bump

See if we can keep it to one thread for the nimby's and pants pishers to greet on instead of the two we've got the noo.
    Leave this one to teuchters, 4x4 drivers and folk with no mates to give us their sob stories about having to come into Aberdeen.

Page 152 of 560 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154162202252 ... LastLast