+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 249 of 560 FirstFirst ... 149199239247248249250251259299349 ... LastLast
Results 2,481 to 2,490 of 5595

Thread: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

Was that nae the game towards the end of the 70/71 season?

We had to win to give us a (good) chance of winning the league.

It was a draw

I was there

Yes it was 1-1 as I remembered
    Second last game of the season, we lost the league that day.

Crowd down as 36,000

It's all got a bit civil in here tonight. It's sh*t. I'll expect at least 6 pages of the bickering and arguing when I check in after work tomorrow.

Actually..... Have we got a moderator/admin here. Did TaB not say he took over mod duties a while back? I wondered if we could get a thread with a poll for/against new stadium. Nothing else but board members expressing which way they are inclined even the lurkers.

Would be interesting to see the results. Can we make it happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    That's the best idea yet, email it to the club and cooncil, donsdaft.
    Never quite understtod why we could not move a few hundred yards onto the links.
    We would have to pay for the land and piss of a few golfers, but there is ample golf faclities in Aberdeen
    The Council have been an complete ro******* to anything the club comes up with, there a complete nightmare utterly useless.

The drainage issues opposite Pittordrie on the golfcourse cannot be unachievable in this day and age, just pour in more concentre

The move to the beach area would be a win win, a few words to the Council to point them in the right direction5 would help

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Hiw did you prove we have regressed. Ive been watching Aberdeen for 26 years and this is the best team for years and years

Aye regression. I wish we were still at the halcyon days of Sigma Olomuc and 9-0 at the pig sty
    Once again you prove my point.
    I've already said your blinded by our current on field position attained by DM and the doc, despite our regression off the pitch.
    A fortuitous time to gel when we were not in competition with the likes of Hibs, Hearts, Rangers and even Dundee Utd.

In the same time we've regressed simply by standing still.
    Other smaller teams now have better training facilities and options than Aberdeen do.
    This regression will hurt us in the longer period going forward.

Never mind, keep the blinkers on and be oblivious to what's happening.

Quote Originally Posted by KIWIRED View Post
    Never quite understtod why we could not move a few hundred yards onto the links.
    We would have to pay for the land and piss of a few golfers, but there is ample golf faclities in Aberdeen
    The Council have been an complete ro******* to anything the club comes up with, there a complete nightmare utterly useless.

The drainage issues opposite Pittordrie on the golfcourse cannot be unachievable in this day and age, just pour in more concentre

The move to the beach area would be a win win, a few words to the Council to point them in the right direction5 would help
    Surely this is a more expensive option.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Once again you prove my point.
    I've already said your blinded by our current on field position attained by DM and the doc, despite our regression off the pitch.
    A fortuitous time to gel when we were not in competition with the likes of Hibs, Hearts, Rangers and even Dundee Utd.

In the same time we've regressed simply by standing still.
    Other smaller teams now have better training facilities and options than Aberdeen do.
    This regression will hurt us in the longer period going forward.

Never mind, keep the blinkers on and be oblivious to what's happening.
    What you don't have the blinkers on regarding tens of millions of debt and how crippling that will be?

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Surely this is a more expensive option.
    How much more expensive?

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    What you don't have the blinkers on regarding tens of millions of debt and how crippling that will be?
    I'm not blinkered.
    I do realise it's a huge debt and would like clarity of how it is funded.
    I do know that seeking commercial funding, you don't want to impact negotiations by revealing all of your hand.
    I can see potentially some options, but fewer remaining at Pittodrie. I think this influences a move away rather than remaining.
    It's essentially a commercial decision as opposed to an emotional one.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    How much more expensive?
    I don't know, but simply prime land to buy out a golf course will be way more expensive than a bit of unused farmland.

Page 249 of 560 FirstFirst ... 149199239247248249250251259299349 ... LastLast