+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 315 of 560 FirstFirst ... 215265305313314315316317325365415 ... LastLast
Results 3,141 to 3,150 of 5595

Thread: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Why perpetuate pish to try and make your argument stronger then?

Back on the real topic
    Would you really rather have a smaller stadium and restrict access?
    I think the 20k is about the right size to go for.

Remember around 2008 Euro bid, there was discussions about being able to increase to 30k, now that would certainly be too much for our attendances, but 20k allows generally everyone who does want to go a chance to for all games

I would rather have a full stadium. I have watched at Pittodrie for 28 years and the place has very very seldom been full barring big game Charlie appealing huns and pig games and some euros

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    I would rather have a full stadium. I have watched at Pittodrie for 28 years and the place has very very seldom been full barring big game Charlie appealing huns and pig games and some euros
    So on the basis that we would have already missed out on 20,882 fans this year, lets extrapolate that to 30,000 over the season.
    That's £450,000 (average £15 a ticket, may actually be higher) lost just from tickets alone.
    Quite a big cost just so we aesthetically the ground "looks" fuller

And Elton John.

We were playing a gig at the now-closed Melting Point on Golden Square that night.

Around 1030 the crowd swelled quite a bit, and someone said, that's because Elton John's out, to which our singer (never argue with a boy with a PA system behind him - you'll lose) offered, "Ach, Elton's been out for years".

The heids doon into Eddie Cochran's Twenty Flight Rock.

So on the basis that we would have already missed out on 20,882 fans this year, lets extrapolate that to 30,000 over the season.
    That's £450,000 (average £15 a ticket, may actually be higher) lost just from tickets alone.
    Quite a big cost just so we aesthetically the ground "looks" fuller
    Full stadiums create a better atmosphere. Its not rocket science. I don't care if the big game charlies dinna get in. I really don't. The gaps in the crowd at Pittodrie are part of the reason behind the sh@te atmosphere.

This soulless crap shack is going to have exactly the same issues that people moan about with Pittodrie, no atmosphere, it will be wet and it will still be f@cking cold. The only plus point is, you winna have to check your seats nae f@cked prior to sitting on it
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 18-01-2018 at 02:40 PM.

Full stadiums create a better atmosphere. Its not rocket science. I don't care if the big game charlies dinna get in. I really don't. The gaps in the crowd at Pittodrie are part of the reason behind the sh@te atmosphere.

This soulless crap shack is going to have exactly the same issues that people moan about with Pittodrie, no atmosphere, it will be wet and it will still be f@cking cold. The only plus point is, you winna have to check your seats nae f@cked prior to sitting on it
    at a cost of at least 1/2 million a year in lost revenue, it wouldn't fly

I'm going to take my chance of agreeing with afc1903mad, it may never happen again.

A stadium capacity of 22,000 is what we should be looking for.

Well somewhere between 20 -25 thousand anyway.

Preferably designed so that 15,000 can look and feel like a full stadium. some sort of top tier could do that.

Obviously this sort of thing would have to be a new build BUT BUILD IT IN THE CITY

at a cost of at least 1/2 million a year in lost revenue, it wouldn't fly
    So the same issues get transported to Westhill. Ace

So the same issues get transported to Westhill. Ace
    Bullet point the issues....

As a pre-empter, some improvements over the current facilities which has been raised as concerns earlier

The stadium is shown as enclosed, therefore it should be more sheltered in the stands.
    Being a South Stander, you'll know that there can be a hoor of a wind.

The stadium will be fully covered, so section Y and some of X has a better chance of staying dry during the game.
    Indeed the roof may provide more coverage than it currently does in the rest of the stand.

No pillars, so those in the main stand get a better view of the game.

A bar at the ground, which will bring a new revenue stream into the club.

So certainly some issues are improved by the proposed move.
    What exactly will stay the same other than likely attendance meaning there are seats left with gaps?
    Actually, there are loads of seat left as gaps by ST holders because of Pittodrie.
    An improved stadium could mean the main areas a fully utilised and keep us all closer together.

Council planners have backed it and advised the committee to green light it.
    Its happening, end of.

Can half of you stop moaning now and start backing?
    didnt think so...

https://stv.tv/news/north/1406756-ab...d-by-planners/

Quote Originally Posted by DonVincenzo (The II) View Post
    Can half of you stop moaning now and start backing?
    didnt think so...
    ]
    It’s still a bad idea. That hasn’t changed. I’ll keep moaning for now.

Page 315 of 560 FirstFirst ... 215265305313314315316317325365415 ... LastLast