+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 288 of 560 FirstFirst ... 188238278286287288289290298338388 ... LastLast
Results 2,871 to 2,880 of 5595

Thread: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    Aberdeenshire cooncil are still objecting

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...tland-42634182
    Aberdeenshire Council are objecting even though the club have done work to prove that Kingsford was the justified site....Milne not playing ball by giving these gadges a brown envelope?

Quote Originally Posted by fatshaft View Post
    Yes, they already have permission for 600 spaces and are working on others.
    Can you confirm which companies have agreed that AFC may use their car parks?

Asking for a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    This is what I cant understand either,some people seem to blame Pittodrie for the shyte atmosphere/experience but I cant see the shiny new stadium having a rocking atmosphere in the middle of the winter when we are playing the likes of St Johnstone and it is half empty.
    I'm not sure what people are imagining going to football there to be like.

Football outside of cities is ****e. In Germany they tend to have very good terraces, fans, beer and culture inside the ground which makes it what it is. Swap that for the cardboard cut outs, banned everything and non existent culture here. The stadiums there you can walk to are so much better and the out of town ones still have that out of town feel.

The closest looking thing I can think of to compare to what we would have is Regensburg.

What does it look like there is to do around the ground or incorporate it in your day? It's a drive to, hang about and fich off stadium. Add in our weather and put it another 4 miles out of town. This would ruin football, even for those that turn up, like West Ham.

Aye.

The more I think about it the more I think I might just pack it in altogether if the Dons move away from Pittodrie.

It's not a threat, or a promise for that matter, just that it would seem a good time to go.

Great memories of a great stadium, I don't really want to watch football in a plastic paradise with players borrowed from other clubs.
    Last edited by donsdaft; 10-01-2018 at 10:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post

Great memories of a great stadium, I don't really want to watch football in a plastic paradise with players borrowed from other clubs.
    That does sound brutal when you put it like that. Unfortunately we borrow players from other clubs at the moment but Pittodrie can hardly be classed as a plastic paradise.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    That's fair enough. Build Phase 1 so that the players can train on consistent surfaces. They can all get there by car and luxuriate in the 1400 parking spaces without adding significantly to traffic. Let the community use the facilities when we dinna need them.

A far easier and cheaper 'build' than something that looks like a Tesco. A tiny mortgage added to the cash already committed.

And there's a fine grassy bit at the foot of Merkland Road East that we can play fitba on. A couple of coats of paint, some new seats, a canopy ower Y, re-develop the Mainer losing fewer seats for a season than we did when we had the Beach End demolished in 93-94, negotiate with the cooncil to bridge Pittodrie Street (possibly with a slight re-alignment) to keep the prawn sandwich lot happy, maintain the capacity and widen the pitch if that's what UEFA needs. Then replace the rest of the stands as required and g=funds allow.

My only concern is that the W.A.N.K.S would see it as a victory, given that the only thing going for the major development, as far as I'm concerned, is that it would annoy a squealing crowd of lying bourgeois self-satisfied NIMBY wife-swapping bifters.
    If the oil downturn continues there could be some land on Anderson Drive? Western Edge of the city , easy to get to (57 could stroll home to The Den in 5 minutes) and the Orcs could be made to feel at home in Rubislaw Quarry.

As a bonus the Nimbys there would be off the scale!

You really think that stadium would resemble our new ground? Why, because its red? Absolutely nothing like it. As mentioned in earlier posts, it is only artists impressions we have seen, not the finished article.
    The negativity on here is incredible, each opinion to their own of course.
    Get it built.

Quote Originally Posted by curvasud View Post
    I'm not sure what people are imagining going to football there to be like.

Football outside of cities is ****e. In Germany they tend to have very good terraces, fans, beer and culture inside the ground which makes it what it is. Swap that for the cardboard cut outs, banned everything and non existent culture here. The stadiums there you can walk to are so much better and the out of town ones still have that out of town feel.

The closest looking thing I can think of to compare to what we would have is Regensburg.

What does it look like there is to do around the ground or incorporate it in your day? It's a drive to, hang about and fich off stadium. Add in our weather and put it another 4 miles out of town. This would ruin football, even for those that turn up, like West Ham.

Quote Originally Posted by curvasud View Post

Aye but does it have a 400 capacity "Red Bar"

Quote Originally Posted by BorneoRed View Post
    You really think that stadium would resemble our new ground? Why, because its red? Absolutely nothing like it. As mentioned in earlier posts, it is only artists impressions we have seen, not the finished article.
    You’ve just pulled the rug out from under your own argument there

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    I get your point but McInnes came here in the first place knowing there were no state of the art facilities and he's knocked back two clubs meantime. The likes of Stevie May was also aware of the situation and he still signed. May didn't come thinking he can't wait to see the new facilities, likewise Logan and Lewis didn't sign extensions on the back of it.

This is where the desperation kicks in. They have no choice but to throw everything at it because Pittodrie is ****ed (apparently). They let things get that way. They let us go years without decent facilities.

Ultimately the stadium will go ahead but people need to start being critical of what's getting built and how we intend to pay for it. Right now we just have a camp of those that want it and will accept anything. It's part anti nimby which I can understand though.
    Players come with thepromise of the training facilities development.
    DM commented that Shinnie was always in his ear about it.
    This needs to happen

Page 288 of 560 FirstFirst ... 188238278286287288289290298338388 ... LastLast