+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 384 of 560 FirstFirst ... 284334374382383384385386394434484 ... LastLast
Results 3,831 to 3,840 of 5595

Thread: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    Aye, with a 90 minute parking allowance?
    you do know that no one can enforce that ? i have had 4 of those "parking fines" from those private agencies and they all just go in the bin. I usually tell them to do one and tell them they cant force me to pay bugger all. Have never had an issue ever. It's a load of old codswallop.

Quote Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
    Big whopper specials for chat members
    They might do a free side of fries for every time Pacman or Mason tell us the stadiums a bad idea!!

They should build a big pub hall like they have near grounds in Germany. Bratwursts and beer, thats what the punters want !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stupie82 View Post
    you do know that no one can enforce that ? i have had 4 of those "parking fines" from those private agencies and they all just go in the bin. I usually tell them to do one and tell them they cant force me to pay bugger all. Have never had an issue ever. It's a load of old codswallop.
    Does that also apply to the Morrisons car park off West North St in Aberdeen? I could park for free at work if that was the case.

Do they just put a sticker on your car? Can't come through the post, otherwise the company must have gone through the DVLA, meaning their conduct was legal

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    Does that also apply to the Morrisons car park off West North St in Aberdeen? I could park for free at work if that was the case.

Do they just put a sticker on your car? Can't come through the post, otherwise the company must have gone through the DVLA, meaning their conduct was legal
    Yes it does - these things are enforceable. I am aware of a few people who have been taken to court - civil court not the criminal one - to enforce payment of the "fine". In Stupies' case above he is lucky that they have not sued him seeking payment. You take your chance if you don't pay.

The claim they make is based on contract. That is to say by entering the car park and being aware that a charge will be made if you overstay then a contract is formed. In Morison's car park in King Street there are cameras and they obtain details of the keeper of the car from DVLA and then send you a demand letter.

They won a court case recently, but up until then you could just tell them to f'uck off

I don't know how binding the court decision was or if it's been appealed.

Ah junk food. Just what we all wanted prior to a game of football.

Bring on the Krapshack

I

Aberdeen Football Club has received a further £1million towards its community sports hub and training facilities at Kingsford. This announcement follows the news that the youth development academy within these facilities is to be named The Bobby Clark Football Academy in honour of the Aberdeen and Scotland goalkeeper.

American businessman, Tom Crotty, who last year invested £775,000 into AFC through the acquisition of shares, is pledging an additional £500,000 which is being matched by Board Director, Dave Cormack. This additional £1 million of investment is being made by way of subscription for new shares in the Club.

Mr Crotty is excited about strengthening his ties with AFC and helping to achieve the Club’s long-held ambition to deliver community sports facilities. He added: “In my experience, and particularly through my work with Grassroot Soccer, football has a hugely positive impact across whole communities. The Club has to be congratulated on its approach to delivering sports facilities for the wider community, not just a footballing academy for its own players, and for the exceptional work of AFC Community Trust. I’m thrilled to further support these ambitions.”

AFC Board Director, Dave Cormack, and his wife Fiona, are pleased to have been able to further contribute to the community sports and training facilities through the Cormack Family Foundation. He said: “Bobby has been both a mentor and friend for over 40 years and our additional investment will help deliver an academy that will be a fitting tribute to him. The Club has done a tremendous job in securing about half the money required for phase one. It’s a tough balancing act to generate additional revenues for short-term, on-the-pitch performance that allows us to compete, while fund-raising for the training facilities which will keep us at the top by attracting and nurturing talent for the longer-term.”

Both investors welcomed the decision to recognise the achievements of one of the Club’s all-time greats and his contribution to AFC and to football in both Scotland and the USA.

“My initial connection with Aberdeen came about through my association with Bobby at Notre Dame almost 20 years ago,” explained Mr Crotty. “Our friendship was further cemented as a result of my involvement in Grassroot Soccer – an organisation founded by Bobby’s son, Tommy. I’m so pleased that the Club has honoured Bobby in this way. Not only was he a Dons and Scotland goalkeeping legend, but he has been an inspirational coach and a positive driving force for the game across the USA.”

Bobby Clark

Bobby Clark said he was stunned and humbled by this honour and thanked the AFC board for the recognition. He added: “My special thanks to both Dave Cormack and Tom Crotty as I feel they were very strong supporters of the academy and associating my name with it. Playing and teaching have been my life and to be associated with this new academy is one of the greatest honours I’ve ever been given.”

Commenting on the naming of the youth development academy, Sir Alex Ferguson said: “First of all I must thank Aberdeen FC for recognising one of their greatest players of all time, Bobby Clark. His abilities as a goalkeeper were obviously recognised throughout the country and, when I managed Aberdeen, I was privileged to benefit from his loyalty and honesty. His work as a coach was a tremendous asset to the Club where his discipline and knowledge were highlighted by the emergence of the likes of Neale Cooper, Neil Simpson, John Hewitt, Bryan Gunn and Eric Black. Who would have forecast that these five payers would go on to lift the European Cup Winners’ Cup? I followed Bobby’s career as a coach, which was success after success, and had the privilege to spend time with him at Notre Dame where the fine job he did was recognised by everyone I met there. Well done Bobby and congratulations on a tremendous achievement.”

The community sports facilities and training academy proposed for Kingsford include outdoor, floodlit 3G pitches as well as areas for other outdoor sports and indoor spaces for a variety of community-based sporting and recreational activities. It will also mean that the AFC Community Trust will have a dedicated home and purpose-built facilities to increase their reach and positive influence on people’s lives across North-east Scotland.

Chairman of AFC, Stewart Milne, concluded: “These are two important additional investments for which we are incredibly grateful. Despite the on-going challenges in the market, we are very much on-track with our fund-raising for phase one: the community sports hub and training facilities and we plan to announce further exciting fund-raising plans in the coming weeks. Work on the site is progressing well and we hope to have this phase ready for next summer, when we can officially launch the Bobby Clark Football Academy.”

A few thoughts on this

1. Bobby Clark is one of our all time greats so no problem with training facilities being names after him but no real comment on why him and not one of our other greats like SAF or Willie Miller.

2. Probably answering the first point but the extra £1M comes from friends of Clark (Cormack and Crotty)

3. Milne continues to avoid putting his hand in his pocket

4. Last numbers I saw from club was that we had raised about £6.5M out of £10M needed for training facilities. Now we appear to be saying have raised about half after this £1M. So what is the story here? Are the training facilities now going to cost £15M? Has some of the £6.5M fallen away and we are now only at £5M? Is this £1M announcement already counted in the £6.5M?

5. Milne says "we plan to announce further exciting fund-raising plans in the coming weeks". Take your choice between an announcement about selling McKenna or another scheme to get fans to fund instead of Milne

6. After these new shares issued I wonder what % Milne shareholding now down to? Hopefully the thin end of the wedge in him not being majority shareholder and therefore Chairman

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    A few thoughts on this

1. Bobby Clark is one of our all time greats so no problem with training facilities being names after him but no real comment on why him and not one of our other greats like SAF or Willie Miller.

2. Probably answering the first point but the extra £1M comes from friends of Clark (Cormack and Crotty)

3. Milne continues to avoid putting his hand in his pocket

4. Last numbers I saw from club was that we had raised about £6.5M out of £10M needed for training facilities. Now we appear to be saying have raised about half after this £1M. So what is the story here? Are the training facilities now going to cost £15M? Has some of the £6.5M fallen away and we are now only at £5M? Is this £1M announcement already counted in the £6.5M?

5. Milne says "we plan to announce further exciting fund-raising plans in the coming weeks". Take your choice between an announcement about selling McKenna or another scheme to get fans to fund instead of Milne

6. After these new shares issued I wonder what % Milne shareholding now down to? Hopefully the thin end of the wedge in him not being majority shareholder and therefore Chairman
    To answer my own question, in September last year we said we had over half the funding in place and in February this year we said we had 60% in place.

So now we have raised another £1M apparently and we are now at 50%.

What is going on here?

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    To answer my own question, in September last year we said we had over half the funding in place and in February this year we said we had 60% in place.

So now we have raised another £1M apparently and we are now at 50%.

What is going on here?
    At least we don't have a £50m plus stadium to fund.

Page 384 of 560 FirstFirst ... 284334374382383384385386394434484 ... LastLast