+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 290 of 560 FirstFirst ... 190240280288289290291292300340390 ... LastLast
Results 2,891 to 2,900 of 5595

Thread: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    You wonder why we didn’t incorporate an indoor pitch for training.
    There's space for another full size pitch which could be covered to the north of one the 4G pitches.

Quote Originally Posted by OneBrianIrvine View Post
    'Very little options'. This is one of my main issues (that and being outwith the toon).

Very little options because Pittodrie is a 'wreck' and a 'crumbling mess'.
    Part of my grievance is, it's this board's governance who have allowed that.

If Milne had come right out & said 'hands up I've run the grun doon to a hoor' o a state & I want room for mare corporate hooray henrys' I'd think more of him. This mumping about repair & maintenance just pits my back up.

That's the root of my cynicism, trusting him to get the next bit right. With that said, if it's operation go we all have to get behind it, unite & influence final design etc. No-one wants an eggbox in a field.
    I know there's some antipathy towards DST but it's at times like these that weight of numbers would best serve us.
    Milne has spent his life asking for planning permission and building all over the country, so for that part i trust him to get it done. That said, Pittodrie's state is down to him and we havent been putting money into R&M for the stadium.

A lot of people are slating the design of the new stadium, and the truth is, it wont be a magnificent stadium, because that would cost way more than we are willing to spend. The alternative is to build a ground and facilities, fit for purpose, at a manageable price. Yes there will be debt, but it I cant imagine they are going to put the survival of the club at risk for the sake of a new stadium.

We have been told countless times that Pittodrie cant be redeveloped. We have explored the option and i can categorically say that the council have discussed it and are against it happening. So we either patch it up or knock the auld hoor down. Folk like Donsdaft hate the idea of leaving, but the truth is we have no other viable option but to go. I will be devastated when we play our final game at Pittodrie, but we have to move with the times and be realistic. Westhill isn't everyone's preferred option, but as i have stated before, other sites WERE explored and this was the only one that was viable.

I approached the planners some time ago by e-mail and they said that they had never been asked to comment on the possible redevelopment of Pittodrie but if they were asked they would be supportive if it met planning guidelines. There are no planning reasons why Pittodrie can't be redeveloped other than that Milne never intended doing so . He was always wanting to build new stadium and bulldoze Pittodrie. He never asked the fans what they wanted because he would probably not have liked the answer but instead allowed the stadium to crumble into neglect and then said it was not fit for purpose. The fact that we still have no proper training facilities after 20 years under his watch is an absolute disgrace.

Quote Originally Posted by donsviking View Post
    I approached the planners some time ago by e-mail and they said that they had never been asked to comment on the possible redevelopment of Pittodrie but if they were asked they would be supportive if it met planning guidelines. There are no planning reasons why Pittodrie can't be redeveloped other than that Milne never intended doing so . He was always wanting to build new stadium and bulldoze Pittodrie. He never asked the fans what they wanted because he would probably not have liked the answer but instead allowed the stadium to crumble into neglect and then said it was not fit for purpose. The fact that we still have no proper training facilities after 20 years under his watch is an absolute disgrace.
    its like watching groundhog day reading these comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridieeater View Post
    You might not like it but it's true!

Quote Originally Posted by Bridieeater View Post
    Why because you don’t like to here it ?
    Pittodrie can be redeveloped no problem ...any architect could tell you that....problem is Milne wants to build a new one....no problem with that except a large part of our support think the location is terrible and can see that a few years after the novelty factor has worn off our crowds will go down to far less than we get at pittodrie....It seems some fans just want a shiny new stadium just because ...well it’s new....

Quote Originally Posted by mastrick1960 View Post
    Why because you don’t like to here it ?
    Pittodrie can be redeveloped no problem ...any architect could tell you that....problem is Milne wants to build a new one....no problem with that except a large part of our support think the location is terrible and can see that a few years after the novelty factor has worn off our crowds will go down to far less than we get at pittodrie....It seems some fans just want a shiny new stadium just because ...well it’s new....
    I don’t think a large part of our support are against it though. I think there are some very vocal individuals on this forum who are against it and imagine in their own heads that they speak for everyone else. You dont though. When the Aberdeen supporters trust ran a survey there was 75% support for the move. That number would suggest the majority of Aberdeen fans behind the move to a new stadium. The vocal minority on here are entitled to their opinion the same as everyone else. Just don’t kid yourself that you speak for everyone else.

That would also suggest a quarter of Aberdeen fans think it’s a sh1t idea.

With the amount of time & money spent on this already, we shouldn’t need convincing.

I haven't seen anyone attempting to speak for anyone else.

Well apart from the "All for Aurora" lot.

I'm speaking for myself

F@ck off All for Aurora(that's a false title and a half) and f@ck off Milne

Page 290 of 560 FirstFirst ... 190240280288289290291292300340390 ... LastLast