+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 546 of 560 FirstFirst ... 46446496536544545546547548556 ... LastLast
Results 5,451 to 5,460 of 5595

Thread: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post

I’m better than all this.
    Have a great day.
    Maybe if you stopped constantly biting it might help a bit mad min?

Just a thought...

I see that for next season domestic games we will be running with a capacity of 15,500 (shutting upper RDS and reduced capacity in Red Shed) with possibility of increasing in European games (if we qualify). I wonder if this is a trial for redeveloping Pittodrie with a reduced capacity.

They are aiming to increase season tickets from 10,000 to 11,000 and mention of playing exciting football. Looks like a change in a particular key position is coming as won’t be achieving either of those two aspects otherwise

I thought shut RD upper was the norm now?
    They'd surely open it for games against the piggies otherwise, if we do hit 11k ST, that's a public sale of only 2k tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    Maybe if you stopped constantly biting it might help a bit mad min?

Just a thought...
    Wheesht.
    It’s like shooting fish in a barrel

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    I see that for next season domestic games we will be running with a capacity of 15,500 (shutting upper RDS and reduced capacity in Red Shed) with possibility of increasing in European games (if we qualify). I wonder if this is a trial for redeveloping Pittodrie with a reduced capacity.

They are aiming to increase season tickets from 10,000 to 11,000 and mention of playing exciting football. Looks like a change in a particular key position is coming as won’t be achieving either of those two aspects otherwise
    I reckon a change to a 352 for most games would make us a bit more exciting, and I think if we persevered with it until the players were used to it, it would work quite well. Having someone like Ojo or McGeough just in front of the 3 to sweep up a bit, and the other 2 midfielders with a license to get forward would help, and having a second forward such as McGinn or even Wright when he comes back, alongside a bigger unit like Main (or someone like Brophy if we could get him) would work quite well.

The 4231 formation we've traditionally played with is a recipe for a borefest, especially since most other teams in the league set up the same and are content to sit in. We don't need 2 sitting midfielders in addition to 4 defenders. Instead of 6 defensively minded players in a 4231 you could have just 4 in a 352. That change in itself would improve things. Of course, we'd need to persevere with it until the players know what they're doing - no use playing it once every few months.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    I thought shut RD upper was the norm now?
    They'd surely open it for games against the piggies otherwise, if we do hit 11k ST, that's a public sale of only 2k tickets.
    What they have said today is "the Richard Donald Stand Upper will be closed for all league matches for season 20/21 and will only open in exceptional circumstances such as a European fixture"

So I guess there is the possibility it opens for league games against celtic/sevco if we are playing much better and getting bigger crowds but this season we only had 15,000 and 14,000 for the celtic games and just under 15,000 for sevco (and those are total ticket sales rather than numbers that actually attended) so it currently seems like 15,500 will be big enough.

It also allows the selling back of season tickets for those that can't or don't want to attend so that will also help if there is more demand than this season

Price changes from 2019/20, based on standard (no early bird or DNA discounts):

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post

Or a ploy to run down another part of the stadium into such a state of disrepair it will be rendered useless.

Did anyone watch the press conference on RedTV with Cormack, Lewis and Campbell? Just wondered if anyone had any thoughts on it?

Cormack clearly has lots of ideas and plenty of enthusiasm. Seems his approach is "let's try things - if they work, great - if they don't, at least we've tried". I quite like that. Only thing that irked me was him reiterating this "challenger brand" thing. I don't understand why he comes out with that - I guess he's trying to set realistic expectations, but still, he must know that it doesn't come across well to fans.

I get the impression he'll put more demands on McInnes than Milne ever did, in relation to the way we play and the targets set etc. There were a few awkward moments where he made "jokes" and neither Lewis or Campbell laughed (particularly not Lewis who looked uncomfortable just being there). I didn't think Lewis came across all that well when he spoke, he's dreary and not inspirational in the slightest. Campbell has a bit more passion for the club being a fan himself. I wonder if Cormack will get involved in trying to influence McInnes decisions about who to give the captaincy to etc? He seems like the kind of guy who would. Will be interesting to see how McInnes reacts to greater scrutiny, demands and interference.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Will be interesting to see how McInnes reacts to greater scrutiny, demands and interference.
    I don't think any manager worth their salt would appreciate interference. It says a lot that Mad Vlad eventually had to appoint a man, whose past includes buggery of a minor and accusations of racism to young trainees at a football club, who was untouchable enough to defer to him in organising team affairs.

I'm not saying Cormack will appoint Gary Glitter but we won't attract decent managers if word circulates that he likes to interfere in the football side of things.

Page 546 of 560 FirstFirst ... 46446496536544545546547548556 ... LastLast