+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 185 of 560 FirstFirst ... 85135175183184185186187195235285 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,850 of 5595

Thread: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

Quote Originally Posted by Getintaethem View Post
    Gordon Ballantyne (the terrorist guy) was a hoot! Absolute classic. Well worth a listen. He starts at around 2hrs :11 on the video.
    The bit at the end is priceless where he's ignored the question twice and then just blurts out "I don't think that's relevant" the third time. You have to admire the sheer balls of a man who's had his idea completely debunked in public and still thinks he doesn't need to dignify any criticism with a response.

It's more or less:

GB: I think the new stadium will be a security hazard for Aberdeen fans.
    Q: But won't the new stadium be safer than the old one?
    GB: *ignores the question*
    Q: Won't it be safer?
    Q. Won't it be safer?
    GB: I don't think that's relevant.

there you go...

Attachment 6473
    No

Quote Originally Posted by sancho_panza View Post
    The bit at the end is priceless where he's ignored the question twice and then just blurts out "I don't think that's relevant" the third time. You have to admire the sheer balls of a man who's had his idea completely debunked in public and still thinks he doesn't need to dignify any criticism with a response.

It's more or less:

GB: I think the new stadium will be a security hazard for Aberdeen fans.
    Q: But won't the new stadium be safer than the old one?
    Q: Won't it be safer?
    Q. Won't it be safer?
    GB: I don't think that's relevant.
    Another one that was great, was from another Nimby:

Nimby: I have lived in Westhill for over 30 years, my parents live in Westhill as do my children and we moved here for the semi rural nature of the town and the stadium would destroy that... blah blah blah... nimby nimby nimby

Councillor: So in 30 years, you must have seen a huge change in Westhill.

Nimby: Absolutely

Councillor: No further questions m'lord.

Nimby: eh? What just happened?

Your whole argument just exploded in your face, nimby.

Another one that was great, was from another Nimby:

Nimby: I have lived in Westhill for over 30 years, my parents live in Westhill as do my children and we moved here for the semi rural nature of the town and the stadium would destroy that... blah blah blah... nimby nimby nimby

Councillor: So in 30 years, you must have seen a huge change in Westhill.

Nimby: Absolutely

Councillor: No further questions m'lord.

Nimby: eh? What just happened?

Your whole argument just exploded in your face, nimby.

These folk dinna shower themselves in glory

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    No
    What???? you don't go for the whole Neil from the Young Ones look?

Right, I think we can all agree the Nimbys are bonkers & their arguments against are mainly batsh1t mental. So if the club don't succeed against that lot, will it be a bigger humping than the 9-0?

The nimbys were more or less irrelevant in this whole thing,everyone knows they are against it because they simply don't want the stadium built next to them.

The important thing was convincing the council,they put back the meeting till September because they wanted more information from the club,whether they got the information they wanted or not remains to be seen.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    The important thing was convincing the council,they put back the meeting till September because they wanted more information from the club,whether they got the information they wanted or not remains to be seen.

Nail, heid, etc.

In terms of the planning decision, I believe it's there and waiting and it's only the club's to lose - the NIMBYs will never "win" this argument, but the club can f*ck it up.

I probably wouldn't bet on the club being able to win against it's own incompetence.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    The nimbys were more or less irrelevant in this whole thing,everyone knows they are against it because they simply don't want the stadium built next to them.

It shouldn't be a problem then. The club have had years to square their sh1t away & spunked a small fortune on feasibility studies.

So the next meeting is the decision? Which is when?

Page 185 of 560 FirstFirst ... 85135175183184185186187195235285 ... LastLast