+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 410 of 560 FirstFirst ... 310360400408409410411412420460510 ... LastLast
Results 4,091 to 4,100 of 5595

Thread: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Grieves View Post
    Why did you make the comparison to a stadium in London in your original post ?
    I suppose we are constantly reminded that ‘stuff’ in London costs a lot more to achieve than elsewhere in the Uk. Is the Wimbledon stadium an underestimate or the Westhill Westfalen an overestimate?

Quote Originally Posted by xtrmntr75 View Post
    I suppose we are constantly reminded that ‘stuff’ in London costs a lot more to achieve than elsewhere in the Uk. Is the Wimbledon stadium an underestimate or the Westhill Westfalen an overestimate?
    Does the London stadium have the same area of land? Are they developing a training complex as well?
    There will be lots of variances

I’m always amazed when clubs can redevelop or build from new on a smaller area of land. It’s impossible in Aberdeen.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I’m always amazed when clubs can redevelop or build from new on a smaller area of land. It’s impossible in Aberdeen.
    It would be fine if it didn't come from Milne. Some folks will believe anything. Personally, I wouldn't believe anything from a man that's happy to see a "strong Rangers".

I think the major problem with Milne building this white elephant is the desire of having training facilities right next to the stadium. I genuinely believe he and McInnes think that it will make us stronger whilst keeping general long term costs to a minimum. I would like to see the stats that suggest having training facilities right next to your stadium somehow make you better.

I’d like to see the evidence that these training facilities make players better. The Murray Park conveyor belt of talent, has produced nothing but shyte for years & costs a fortune.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    I think the major problem with Milne building this white elephant is the desire of having training facilities right next to the stadium. I genuinely believe he and McInnes think that it will make us stronger whilst keeping general long term costs to a minimum. I would like to see the stats that suggest having training facilities right next to your stadium somehow make you better.
    Obviously it genuinely does not, however with a chairman like ours what chance do we have?

I’d like to see the evidence that these training facilities make players better. The Murray Park conveyor belt of talent, has produced nothing but shyte for years & costs a fortune.
    If you were aware of what the club has to put up with regarding training facilities, you’d understand how it can only make it easier to develop.

There’s a young group coming through SevCo right now who are extremely good at their level and having our own facilities would go a long way to help develop our youth similarly.

Being on the same ground saves costs and there are numerous chairmen and managers who have said that if it were possible to have the ground and training facilities in the same location, they would because of the benefits it brings

I’m always amazed that some people with agendas can’t compare their oranges and lemons

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    If you were aware of what the club has to put up with regarding training facilities, you’d understand how it can only make it easier to develop.

There’s a young group coming through SevCo right now who are extremely good at their level and having our own facilities would go a long way to help develop our youth similarly.

Being on the same ground saves costs and there are numerous chairmen and managers who have said that if it were possible to have the ground and training facilities in the same location, they would because of the benefits it brings
    Who told you the sevco youth team is good? Is it because they just won that tournament? Our own youth team, Hibs, hearts, Hamilton and St Mirren are better than their mob.

Sevco have struggled to produce youth players and they've had their super duper training facilities for years.

It's all about the set up and I'm not sure why it matters having it at the same place to be honest. Sevco and Celtic don't and it suits them.

I'm all for having decent training facilities but not sure what you are expecting from it?

Page 410 of 560 FirstFirst ... 310360400408409410411412420460510 ... LastLast