+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 85 of 560 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135185 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

[QUOTE=neilthedon;38361454]Hmm ?!! And I read that post as " If they can raise £12 mill to stay at their traditional home , how can we not ? "

Was I wrong ??[/QUOTE

Nah...you were correct however Farquhar deceided to have a cheap pop
    ....we have history you see.....I actually thought he had gone away with his
    tail between his legs a while ago....anyway back on topic...if hearts can raise
    £12 million because their fans want to stay at tynecastle and hibs built four
    new stands because their fans wanted to stay at Easter road why is their
    not the will with our lot ?? Answer because Milne does not want to

[QUOTE=mastrick1960;38361471]
    Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post
    Hmm ?!! And I read that post as " If they can raise £12 mill to stay at their traditional home , how can we not ? "

Was I wrong ??[/QUOTE

hibs built four
    not the will with our lot ??

Easter road is sh@t and wedged in

But I agree. Milne has no intention of even looking into the possility

[QUOTE=mastrick1960;38361471]
    Hmm ?!! And I read that post as " If they can raise £12 mill to stay at their traditional home , how can we not ? "

Was I wrong ??[/QUOTE

Nah...you were correct however Farquhar deceided to have a cheap pop
    ....we have history you see.....I actually thought he had gone away with his
    tail between his legs a while ago....anyway back on topic...if hearts can raise
    £12 million because their fans want to stay at tynecastle and hibs built four
    not the will with our lot ?? Answer because Milne does not want to

I see. You`ll need to get doon the Beach and sort it oot then, eh ?!!

And also back on topic. I guess it`s too late to try and change the dicision to move. But it win`t be happening any time soon now.

Not even just due to the oil price and all that. What with Trump getting in, the UK destabilising with the Brexit , and Europe itself all to what with a wobbly Euro, and Economies etc etc. AND this Middle East thing is not going to settle soon. AND China flexing it`s muscles over wee Islands near Japan. and ALL THAT.

Looks like the £ is screwed for years to come. And Aberdeen work prospects / House prices and demand. We`re not going to be able to sell Pittodrie for original estimates. And raising the balance in loans ?/ Interest rates WILL rise. Inflation is on the up.

Lets face it. We`re stuck with Pittodrie for another 10 years minimum. Maybe we should be thinking about spending a few million here and there . Like on the lights and toilets ?

OK. So we won`t be hosting an International due to standards. But it sure as hell is fit enough for purpose for the Europa League qualifiers. !!!!!

So come om milney. Wake up and get the paintbrush out !!!!

Pacman, Mastrick et al,

As you know, when an organisation embarks on a major development project they are supposed to assess the options, work through the options and de-risk them as they go - finally arriving at a preferred concept which they will move forward with. T

Quote Originally Posted by Leopardman1983 View Post
    Pacman, Mastrick et al,

As you know, when an organisation embarks on a major development project they are supposed to assess the options, work through the options and de-risk them as they go - finally arriving at a preferred concept which they will move forward with. T
    Aye min. 18 years a go a housebuilder who owned a football club decided to get them a new stadium and build some houses on the old place. Fair made sense. boom City. Boom times. When other wee clubs were doing the same.

But has the intention been reviewed in light of constant changes of situation ? Or is it only ever going to be the only option they pursue , no matter what ?

18 yrs ago a brand new shiny Stadium on the Links near to the old ground would have been magic. But Cove ??

Now things have changeddrastically. It may never happen. But what does need to happen , is to accept it`ll be a LONG time before we move . If ever. And to review and revise the options.

I still say , lets get the wiring and toilets redone !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Leopardman1983 View Post
    Pacman, Mastrick et al,

When kingswells v the links was the options a few years back there was only a £5 million gap ( afc figures so even at that I would be sceptic ) between the two sites....even then Milne chose kingswells ....that said it all to me.....

It really is a fantastic job the club has done over the last two decades. To gradually convince 80% of an often cynical fanbase that the club staying at the park where it has always played (and where it belongs) is completely out of the question, without ever providing anything as substantial as a feasibility report, independent study, accurate figures or basically anything beyond "nah, too expensive", is quite an admirable achievement.

[QUOTE=neilthedon;38361513]
    Quote Originally Posted by mastrick1960 View Post

OK. So we won`t be hosting an International due to standards. But it sure as hell is fit enough for purpose for the Europa League qualifiers. !!!!!
    Wasn't that the excuse from Milne and his cronies years ago?That Pittodrie wouldn't meet the standard required for European football.I would have thought that Pittodrie is still in better shape than some of the stadiums in Eastern Europe .

[QUOTE=rico94;38361800]

Wasn't that the excuse from Milne and his cronies years ago?That Pittodrie wouldn't meet the standard required for European football.I would have thought that Pittodrie is still in better shape than some of the stadiums in Eastern Europe .
    Its nae even just eastern Europe, look closer to home, we are better off than the likes of Cliftonville, St Patricks, Dundalk, Portsmouth, TNS and their grounds are fit

If the club spouted that, they obviously think we are fools

[QUOTE=Pacman1903;38361824]
    Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post

Its nae even just eastern Europe, look closer to home, we are better off than the likes of Cliftonville, St Patricks, Dundalk, Portsmouth, TNS and their grounds are fit

If the club spouted that, they obviously think we are fools
    I'm sure it was that fat lad Burkinshaw who kept going on about that.

Page 85 of 560 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135185 ... LastLast