+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 340 of 560 FirstFirst ... 240290330338339340341342350390440 ... LastLast
Results 3,391 to 3,400 of 5595

Thread: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Yep, it wasn’t the support that wanted this move. No pressure groups, social media outrage, songs at the game or pitchfork protests about leaving Pittodrie.

Nobody called for it other than the club. They ran it down & forced the issue, mainly because of one d1cks ego.

I’m not one for I told you so’s but quite a number of posters on here said this would happen about 10 fecking years ago. A lot of fans have been sleepwalking into this.

Imagine the money spent on feasibility studies was invested in Pittodrie. Maybe we wouldn’t have so many fans calling the place a Sh1thole
    I get that if the same money was invested, Pittodrie would be improved.
    1 new stand though? still impacted by regulations.

I'm wondering if and when you are able to draw a line under it, accept it and then focus on the way forward instead of articulating regrets of what has gone and can't be changed.

We badly need the training facilities and the new stadium, BUT, only because they've let Pittodrie fall into disrepair. I'm not convinced that this was unavoidable and that others don't have an agenda that suits them more than the club.

I'm not keen on the new location at all. I've probably missed something, possibly financial, but I still think that with a bit of foresight (how we miss Chris Anderson) we could have got the land and re-development we needed at the existing location.

I don't know how much of a deterrent the out-of-town stadium will be, especially to fair weather fans and those who use the fitba as an excuse to go out for a few pints with their mates, but it wont make any difference to me and most of those I know, as we'd go to watch them wherever they play.

So I'll reluctantly accept it and hope that we can move on now as quickly as possible, get it done and don't let ourselves go into huge debt FFS!!
    Last edited by Red_Don; 30-01-2018 at 04:07 PM.

This is a situation totally engineered over many years by Milne.

How anyone can put the clubs future in the hands of a clown that is one of the biggest problems in Scottish football is beyond me?

Quote Originally Posted by redscot View Post
    This is a situation totally engineered over many years by Milne.

How anyone can put the clubs future in the hands of a clown that is one of the biggest problems in Scottish football is beyond me?
    That's why I don't get the "just shut the **** up and get behind it" crew. Leaving our club in his hands and just accepting everything he says. We have lots of long term issues that the same crew don't seem to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Issue resolved with the new stadium
    how do you come to that conclusion

Heres a picture of the Allianz Arena earlier in the season where everyone ran for cover as the rain was battering them. Sold out for Bayern v Leverkusen. Newish all covered ground built to the new stadia stipulation of the front row has to be covered

Quote Originally Posted by theoninedog View Post
    Any of the 14:55 brigade sussed out what the latest cut off point will now be for throwing another pint oer their throats,
    prior to kick off in Kingswells ?

Milne and McInnes quite clearly havnt thought this new plan through properly...
    I’ll go to pre match pub that bit earlier. See what the bars are offering for transport out to Kingsford and I would pay the pub for a seat on the bus if they organised one. Keeps pubs going and not shelling out too much for busses.

Quote Originally Posted by fittiered View Post
    I’ll go to pre match pub that bit earlier. See what the bars are offering for transport out to Kingsford and I would pay the pub for a seat on the bus if they organised one. Keeps pubs going and not shelling out too much for busses.
    Good stuff Fittie.
    I’d imagine Most pubs in Aberdeen and shire will all offer something and offer a run up and back for a small fee.

Quote Originally Posted by ObanRed View Post
    How do you reckon it will take over an hour to get from city centre to Kingsford?

Do you think that buses from Dyce, BoD, Cults, Culter, Foggy dump etc are all going to go in to city centre then back out to Kingsford?

NO, there will be buses running directly from these locations to Kingsford via AWPR or perhaps up Malcolm Rd from Culter.

Not everybody who attends matches wants to go to the pub and get half canned before and after the game. I, like many, drive to games when I get the chance. Kingsford will be far more accessible for me.
    If you read the Transport Strategy hastily prepared for the Planners, you’ll see, at leadt as far as the Brigadon one’s concerned, it’ll be doing exactly that, heading for Hutcheon St and the predictably-congested A944 rather than the AWPR at Black Dog, less than two miles from the P&R site.

Going to and from a HOME game might take as long as 6 or 7 hours if you leave home at noon to avoid the buses full of swollen-bladdered pinters and the worst of the A944 congestion, stand around for an hour and a half observing the NIMBY house orices plummet (GIRFUY), take in the game, queue for a bus back, travel into town, wait for a bus to the ‘burbs and make that final journey.

I’ve said before, I’ll buy one season ticket, and see how this predicted transport farce treats me. I’ll be 63 or 64 by the time the place opens, too ****ing old to deal with transport hassle, and if the experience is as unpleasant as I think it will be, there will be no subsequent season ticket bought.

You reckon it's all going to go smoothly from now on like?

Make it 66 or 67

We can go for a pint, toddle down Merkland Road East, say "awwwww" as we see a pile of shoddily built flats, shuffle home disapointed, then do the whole thing again the next time the dons are at " home"

I'm looking forward to it.

Unfortunately we don't live in a huge urban area, where you would enjoy good metro/underground links and train links.
    If there was any common sense put into the transport side of this new stadium it would have been placed next to a train line with a separate "stadium" station. Of course the cost of building a station just for a stadium in this neck of the woods wouldn't even be on the radar. I remember coming out of the san siro a couple years ago and it took less than half an hour from my seat in the stadium to a pub in the centre of Milan, takes me double that time to even get from pittodrie back to dyce on a match day. I'm sure someone on here said ages ago that some toon in Germany let's fans travel for free on a match day as long as they show their match ticket? Some scheme like that should be set up to run from Union street etc. for this new stadium.

Page 340 of 560 FirstFirst ... 240290330338339340341342350390440 ... LastLast