+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 183 of 560 FirstFirst ... 83133173181182183184185193233283 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,830 of 5595

Thread: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    I still think this will fail
    I did before today, then these utter weapons got up and spoke and did a ton of harm to their case. I also liked the look of EFB in the background who seemed very confident and smiley throughout. Wifie solicitor planning expert > scaremongering feils who had to come up with real concerns

Quote Originally Posted by fatshaft View Post
    Like the NKS mob, that would be a great point if it could hold water. Sadly I was also one of the main cheerleaders for Loirston, so, ye ken, terrorists and otters aye?
    Why?Did you use to live there?When did you move to Westhill?

Joking aside I don't think it's ever mattered what that nimbys think or what they said today,I think it was up to AFC to convince the council and I don't think they did,I hope I am proven wrong.

It will fail because the club don't have the money to pay for it. Whether they get planning permission or not is irrelevant.

I did before today, then these utter weapons got up and spoke and did a ton of harm to their case. I also liked the look of EFB in the background who seemed very confident and smiley throughout. Wifie solicitor planning expert > scaremongering feils who had to come up with real concerns
    I can completely see why nobody gives a f*ck about the nimbys concerns but surely every Aberdeen fan should have their own? There is nothing about this new ground to suggest it'll be anything other than sh1te. There's a huge amount of faith being put into a man who has spectacularly failed to deliver on anything for AFC in 20 years. We also know he's told a few porkies to get to this stage

I don't see where the confidence is coming from

...the gulf in stature and professionalism of those not connected to the club but in favour and those crazy west hillers surely must carry weight.. No particular order:

* Chamber of commerce economist talking surveys
    * SFA Guy
    * RGU principal
    * Hotelier talking about increased business
    * SEPA guy
    * the right reverend gentleman talking about LGBT issues and community
    * the guy talking about how the kingswells CC randomly ignored their initial own position that they would remain neutral

vs

* Crazy terrorism guy
    * A string of 'I can see green fields from my window' folk from westhill
    * the 'I got knocked off my bike' guy (apparently the path needs to be 4m wide.... surely not insurmountable?)
    * the guy talking about how long it takes to get on a bus
    * the woman who couldn't read her own notes
    * the woman who basically tried to contradict every other expert based on her hunches and opinion.... including banging on about the impact on near pitodrie businesses whilst at the same time advocating loirston as it had planning permission already (internal logic issue)

Honestly if this was a fight it would have been stopped at the 2pm intermission.....

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Why?Did you use to live there?When did you move to Westhill?

Joking aside I don't think it's ever mattered what that nimbys think or what they said today,I think it was up to AFC to convince the council and I don't think they did,I hope I am proven wrong.
    I've never lived in Westhill, I worked there 83-85, hated the place, and while I don't 'hate' it now, it's a horrific little town imo, with, as we've seen, settlers who have an amazingly high opinion of themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by notinmyname View Post
    ...the gulf in stature and professionalism of those not connected to the club but in favour and those crazy west hillers surely must carry weight.. No particular order:

* Chamber of commerce economist talking surveys
    * SFA Guy
    * RGU principal
    * Hotelier talking about increased business
    * SEPA guy
    * the right reverend gentleman talking about LGBT issues and community
    * the guy talking about how the kingswells CC randomly ignored their initial own position that they would remain neutral

vs

* Crazy terrorism guy
    * A string of 'I can see green fields from my window' folk from westhill
    * the 'I got knocked off my bike' guy (apparently the path needs to be 4m wide.... surely not insurmountable?)
    * the guy talking about how long it takes to get on a bus
    * the woman who couldn't read her own notes
    * the woman who basically tried to contradict every other expert based on her hunches and opinion.... including banging on about the impact on near pitodrie businesses whilst at the same time advocating loirston as it had planning permission already (internal logic issue)

Honestly if this was a fight it would have been stopped at the 2pm intermission.....
    All of this. There's no doubt which side was more impressive.

I was coming home from work, but I'm hoping 'couldnt read her notes wifie' was Clare Davidson, it was about her timeslot, and she a ****ing idiot. All over various facebooks pages and leaves as soon as someone questions her, was part of the presentation at the nimby meeting at westhill inn last week, got to the podium, and just stood there while they played a pre-recorded piece she'd made instead of narrating the images in real time. I've never met her, so I'm not saying I dinna like her, but I dinna like her

All of this. There's no doubt which side was more impressive.

I was coming home from work, but I'm hoping 'couldnt read her notes wifie' was Clare Davidson, it was about her timeslot, and she a ****ing idiot. All over various facebooks pages and leaves as soon as someone questions her, was part of the presentation at the nimby meeting at westhill inn last week, got to the podium, and just stood there while they played a pre-recorded piece she'd made instead of narrating the images in real time. I've never met her, so I'm not saying I dinna like her, but I dinna like her
    ...I deliberately didn't put names to descriptions...

I've never lived in Westhill, I worked there 83-85, hated the place, and while I don't 'hate' it now, it's a horrific little town imo, with, as we've seen, settlers who have an amazingly high opinion of themselves.
    Like I said I was joking about that sorry if I offended you.

You will have to refresh my memory seeing as you were a cheerleader for Loirston,why did that get rejected?

Now building a school or sumhink.

**** knows now, but despite some of these erses coming out today and saying it's still live (yet another fallacy they could have been disavowed of if they'd allowed discussion) Loirston is now not an option, as indeed Elaine Farqhurson said in her initial presentation. Still the erses trotted it out as if the planning expert solicitor wifie didn't know her ****. Deary me.

Page 183 of 560 FirstFirst ... 83133173181182183184185193233283 ... LastLast