+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 387 of 560 FirstFirst ... 287337377385386387388389397437487 ... LastLast
Results 3,861 to 3,870 of 5595

Thread: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

Lets just do up Pittodrie, slowly.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Exactly.

The second lowest capacity stand (the Mainer) is the one that they say is costing a mint in maintenance, so make it priority. We managed without the Beach End in 1992-93, so the Mainer attendees can be housed elsewhere whilst the builders get on with it. Putting Pittodrie Street under an arch the length of the New Mainer (like the Calderon in Madrid) is surely within the bounds of possibility (and will), increasing capacity or providing space for corporate whore stuff.

The Soother, is the next oldest (a roof slung ower the terrace in 1980). A bit-by-bit refurb could be done after the New Mainer opens, and much-needed acid showers over the away section could be installed as part of the build.

Having completed that, I'd be happy for a couple of sparkies to come roon to wire up my garage as a small recompense for this amateur construction consultancy report and action plan outlined above.

Get the **** on with it.

That'll make no difference to the cost and does nothing for the can't afford it argument. What are the sources of money for that if Kingsford is not possible. Say the first new main stand with corporate, shop etc. costs £14m like Hearts did...where's that coming from.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Exactly.

The second lowest capacity stand (the Mainer) is the one that they say is costing a mint in maintenance, so make it priority. We managed without the Beach End in 1992-93, so the Mainer attendees can be housed elsewhere whilst the builders get on with it. Putting Pittodrie Street under an arch the length of the New Mainer (like the Calderon in Madrid) is surely within the bounds of possibility (and will), increasing capacity or providing space for corporate whore stuff.
    It's not.

Probably the best option would be knocking the whole place down except the Merkland gates and playing somewhere else for a year. Then you have 6 hectares to put everything exactly where you want to with nothing hemmed in, space for fanzone and parking etc. And have to build a really, really cheap stadium in its place like this 25 million euro one. I'd prefer that but.

its amazing the amount of folk still thinking it wont happen because of finances. Now I've no idea if its going to be a sorry story with us burdened by debt for years but the thing is defintely getting built

If they build it they kill the club.

It's up to them ( unfortunately)

Quote Originally Posted by curvasud View Post

Interesting that ground has old style standing opposite main stand & partly behind goal (for visiting fans it looks like)

If they build it they kill the club.

It's up to them ( unfortunately)
    For the 2nd time today, i completely agree with DD. He knows a thing or two......

Quote Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
    Interesting that ground has old style standing opposite main stand & partly behind goal (for visiting fans it looks like)
    Yeah, I've seen others suggest the same thing for ours. In Germany they call it the Gegengerade and a few clubs have it like that. It's great in combination with standing behind the goals like at St Pauli but not great if it's the only one as it's hard for there to be a focal point for singing.

I'd be pretty disappointed if we only have one end standing at a future stadium. Guarantees the other min. 75% sit on their arse in silence eating popcorn because they think that's their job.

Quote Originally Posted by curvasud View Post
    Yeah, I've seen others suggest the same thing for ours. In Germany they call it the Gegengerade and a few clubs have it like that. It's great in combination with standing behind the goals like at St Pauli but not great if it's the only one as it's hard for there to be a focal point for singing.

I'd be pretty disappointed if we only have one end standing at a future stadium. Guarantees the other min. 75% sit on their arse in silence eating popcorn because they think that's their job.
    That's a visually great stadium, loving the terracing. Is that allowed in the sanitised UK. Redèvelop Pittodrie to a similar set up.

Quote Originally Posted by D31 View Post
    its amazing the amount of folk still thinking it wont happen because of finances. Now I've no idea if its going to be a sorry story with us burdened by debt for years but the thing is defintely getting built
    The thing that people still don't get is that banks are no longer lending to Scottish football clubs having had their fingers burnt so many times (including by us to the tune of a £10M loss to the Bank of Scotland). Just stop and reflect for a minute what sort of security a bank gets by lending a huge sum to us to build a football stadium. If we go into administration due to that mountain of debt how does the bank get its money bank? It's not like lending to you to buy a house where there are plenty of buyers to help get their money back if you default on your mortgage. There is only one possible buyer if AFC go bust given there is no planning permission for houses on the land and that is whatever successor club to AFC and they won't be paying much to take over the stadium. I know that's all doomsday scenario stuff but that's how a bank will be looking at any possible loan to AFC when they apply their risk assessment procedures. The bank will provide a modest loan at most (£5M maximum I would guess).

I'm going to keep saying it until I bore everyone stiff and that is the only way the stadium gets built is if the majority of the funding is provided by Milne and/or Cormack and I for one won't be holding my breath for that to happen.

Page 387 of 560 FirstFirst ... 287337377385386387388389397437487 ... LastLast