+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 400 of 560 FirstFirst ... 300350390398399400401402410450500 ... LastLast
Results 3,991 to 4,000 of 5595

Thread: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    I don't see how spurs stadium is relevant to ours. For a start it's in London which inflates the price significantly. It's 3 times bigger than ours and has a retractable pitch. And a cheese room.

Maybe ours will have a rowie room.
    Whilst I don't think it will ever be built as Milne/Cormack won't fund it, if I am wrong the point I am making and have made consistently on this forum is that there is hardly a major project that ever comes in on budget and on time. Whilst Spurs is a Rolls Royce to our Skoda the principles are the same in any major project. As to London, anyone who has worked in the oil industry in Aberdeen knows that cost overruns on major projects happen here as well, not to mention AWPR, Art Gallery etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    Whilst I don't think it will ever be built as Milne/Cormack won't fund it, if I am wrong the point I am making and have made consistently on this forum is that there is hardly a major project that ever comes in on budget and on time. Whilst Spurs is a Rolls Royce to our Skoda the principles are the same in any major project. As to London, anyone who has worked in the oil industry in Aberdeen knows that cost overruns on major projects happen here as well, not to mention AWPR, Art Gallery etc etc.
    Also the new AECC,cost around 300 million I believe.

Out of curiosity does anyone know how they paid for that?

Of course big projects can over run on cost, but not always. Just because it happened to Spurs doesn't mean it will happen to us.

But I am sticking to my prediction that the stadium will never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    Of course big projects can over run on cost, but not always. Just because it happened to Spurs doesn't mean it will happen to us.

But I am sticking to my prediction that the stadium will never happen.
    I sincerely hope that is the case Jupiter.
    Happy enough to have a great new training complex in the middle of nowhere and our home being rebuilt stand by stand

But Pittodrie will never be rebuilt either, because the club can't afford it. It will just stagger on until it falls down. Then we'll have a big problem.

Quote Originally Posted by awafaehame View Post
    I sincerely hope that is the case Jupiter.
    Happy enough to have a great new training complex in the middle of nowhere and our home being rebuilt stand by stand
    I think a lot of people would be happy with that but I thought it was physically impossible to redevelop Pittodrie?

I believe it was someone on another forum who claimed to be an architect who said so

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I think a lot of people would be happy with that but I thought it was physically impossible to redevelop Pittodrie?

I believe it was someone on another forum who claimed to be an architect who said so
    The bullsh!t and lies to try and get the move away from Pittodrie has been a disgrace.

Doesnt look like we need to worry about where we have to play our Euro home ties next season though...

No that was just Stewarty Milne with another nickname claiming it couldn't be done.......

Maybe we move to loirston after all ground-share

masterstroke from Milne, getting Cove up there

Also the new AECC,cost around 300 million I believe.

Out of curiosity does anyone know how they paid for that?

Bloody horrible looking thing.

It's squint.

Page 400 of 560 FirstFirst ... 300350390398399400401402410450500 ... LastLast