+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 247 of 560 FirstFirst ... 147197237245246247248249257297347 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,470 of 5595

Thread: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    just learn to say cheese in Hungarian.

just learn to say cheese in Hungarian.
    Sajt (pronounced ****e?)

But im a spazz and probably missed the joke

Na na

Shoite it is.

Perfect description as well, for all that the rest of Hungarian food is delicious.

fatshaft states on page 121 "we have had a lifetime of going to an out of the way ground". I disagree. How is it any more out of the way than me walking from Glasgow city centre to Firhill (still Firhill in my eyes), the piggery or ibroke or from Dundee train station to Dens or Tannadice, or from Waverley to Easter slope, Haymarket to the pink bus shelter, Motherwell station to Fir park etc etc. I could go on. I'll tell you what is out of the way and that is Kingswells/Westhill or wherever.

Quote Originally Posted by GASC1980 View Post
    fatshaft states on page 121 "we have had a lifetime of going to an out of the way ground". I disagree. How is it any more out of the way than me walking from Glasgow city centre to Firhill (still Firhill in my eyes), the piggery or ibroke or from Dundee train station to Dens or Tannadice, or from Waverley to Easter slope, Haymarket to the pink bus shelter, Motherwell station to Fir park etc etc. I could go on. I'll tell you what is out of the way and that is Kingswells/Westhill or wherever.
    Ah, those are all historic football walks !!

I once walked from Cults to Hazelhead Park along the back road . There was a tramp that had a wee hutty he`s built in a hole next to the drystane dyke at the side of the road. Well spoken old lad he was. That was a historic walk.

But i can`t imagine the trawl up from the Queens Hotel through Rubislaw and on to Westhills will ever be considered a historic Football walk. Nae tramps, nae dodgy concrete underpasses, nae slums , just nice pink Granite Hooses, and a cramped wee pavement with the Busses whooshing past,.....or on matchdays sitting there in a big Q !!!

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Pittodrie used to have a 24,000 capacity. What is it now?
    That's a pretty specious argument.

Due almost entirely to:
    1. Replacement of Beach End with RDS
    2. Replacement of seats at rear of Main Stand with boxes.
    3. Not selling seats obstructed by pillars in Main stand.

Still waiting to here about the regression

I've been to Pittodrie when there was a crowd of 36,000
    It's went downhill from then.

Right, that's enough arguing.
    Time to just let me decide what's going to happen.

Council are going to reject Kingsford.
    Not just because of travel, although that may well be the excuse.
    Mostly because of the revenue lost to the city center brought by football fans.

However they have listened to the dire predictions coming out of Pittodrie regarding upgrading.

So

The new stadium will be built behind the old one, Broadhill bar goes, driving range goes, chunk of golf course goes.

Of course it means that the exact spot where Hewitt scored the winner against Bayern goes as well but after the horror scenario of playing our football in the country everyone just has to put up with that.

Forget previous planning permission problems, it's all going to go through smoothly.

Happy lads?

Why didn't you just ask me to sort it out in the first place?
    That's the best idea yet, email it to the club and cooncil, donsdaft.

Quote Originally Posted by GASC1980 View Post
    How is it? Because you can't go east. All the rest you mention there's multiple egress points. At Pittodrie you have to cross King Street wherever you're going, and it causes bedlam even on our ****ty attended games.

Page 247 of 560 FirstFirst ... 147197237245246247248249257297347 ... LastLast