+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 284 of 560 FirstFirst ... 184234274282283284285286294334384 ... LastLast
Results 2,831 to 2,840 of 5595

Thread: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Worthy of Dorothy Parker, that.

Toorie off, facing towards Dumbarton.
    Had to google who Dorothy Parker was & what a Toorie is but cheers. I know more today than I did yesterday

I have been following this thread for quite a while now and looking at all the views from different fellow Dandies
    like Donsdaft I walked to Pittodrie and jumped on the free bus after the game from the King St End back to Union St then onto a 16 to Polmuir Rd I would be home grab a bite to eat and be at the paper shop in time to deliver the Green Final by 6.15pm
    Now a days more and more use their cars going to a game I was on a supporters bus from Edinburgh for the recent Hearts match and from Linksfield Rd along Park St to Trinity Quay it took over an hour for such a short distance so maybe more shuttle buses being put on could be the way forward if the current plans go ahead and encourage people to use public transport and less use off the car It worked before it can work again

Pittodrie should have been upgraded yrs ago that's long gone lets move on for better things to come

Quote Originally Posted by TartanIvor View Post
    I have been following this thread for quite a while now and looking at all the views from different fellow Dandies
    like Donsdaft I walked to Pittodrie and jumped on the free bus after the game from the King St End back to Union St then onto a 16 to Polmuir Rd I would be home grab a bite to eat and be at the paper shop in time to deliver the Green Final by 6.15pm
    Now a days more and more use their cars going to a game I was on a supporters bus from Edinburgh for the recent Hearts match and from Linksfield Rd along Park St to Trinity Quay it took over an hour for such a short distance so maybe more shuttle buses being put on could be the way forward if the current plans go ahead and encourage people to use public transport and less use off the car It worked before it can work again

Pittodrie should have been upgraded yrs ago that's long gone lets move on for better things to come
    I don't get why fans can't club together wether its a supporters bus or just 10 fans from roughly the same area and just hire a mini-bus and jump on that? then you can stop at a pub on the way. Honestly why do fans try and make things difficult? it's not rocket science and a dare i say many fans could almost treat it like an away day (only at home if you know what i mean). Christ it might make the new stadium have a bit more of an atmosphere rather than the shyte experience we have been accustomed to.

It will be an away day.

That's the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by TartanIvor View Post
    That's not the issue though. Most folk accept the move out of Pittodrie is inevitable. Its the location. There is nothing there to make it fan friendly,a 400 capacity bar is not going to cut it, a lot of people will have to change their routine(which will lead to people chucking it). Football is not just about 90 minutes to a hell of a lot of people. It will be out there as there is nothing to do. People moan about pittodrie not being an experience. How is this place going to differ. The day will be worse are there is nothing around it.

How about the club get there f@cking arses on planes and take in games abroad and see what should be incorporated at grounds. Instead of saying "have a pokey wee bar and be done with it". Ill give them a start. Go to a Valerenga game at the Ulleval in Oslo go to an Ajax game. Absolutely what it should be
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 10-01-2018 at 09:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    That's not the issue though. Most folk accept the move out of Pittodrie is inevitable. Its the location. There is nothing there to make it fan friendly,a 400 capacity bar is not going to cut it, a lot of people will have to change their routine(which will lead to people chucking it). Football is not just about 90 minutes to a hell of a lot of people. It will be out there as there is nothing to do. People moan about pittodrie not being an experience. How is this place going to differ

How about the club get there f@cking arses on planes and take in games abroad and see what should be incorporated at grounds. Instead of saying "have a pokey wee bar and be done with it". Ill give them a start. Go to a Valerenga game at the Ulleval in Oslo. Absolutely what it should be
    That's what will happen anyway but it will evolve over a number of years. I have no doubt that all that area will be built on over a period of decades and naturally will bring hotels, restaurants and bars. Fans need to realise that this isn't for the next 5-10 years, this will be for the next 100 years. The City will naturally expand into this area over the next few decades and If the stadium is built it will naturally attract pubs, restaurants and with that, housing.

B'ollocks

why so?

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    People moan about pittodrie not being an experience. How is this place going to differ. The day will be worse are there is nothing around it.
    This is what I cant understand either,some people seem to blame Pittodrie for the shyte atmosphere/experience but I cant see the shiny new stadium having a rocking atmosphere in the middle of the winter when we are playing the likes of St Johnstone and it is half empty.

The only time the new stadium will have good atmosphere is when we are playing either of the cheeks or when we are playing in Europe,which is what it is like at Pittodrie.

Let's look forward to a football free Aberdeen.

In fact, lets look forward to an Aberdeen free Aberdeen.

In favour of an endless faceless suburb with the occasional franchise food outlet that ( in the bad old days) used to also sell alchohol.

There's no point in building a football stadium anyway because watching football is an indoor pursuit brought to you in the safety of your own home.

Page 284 of 560 FirstFirst ... 184234274282283284285286294334384 ... LastLast