+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 308 of 560 FirstFirst ... 208258298306307308309310318358408 ... LastLast
Results 3,071 to 3,080 of 5595

Thread: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

Playing in Glasgow, elsewhere in the central belt & now Dundee

Scaremongering horse sh1t

I’m also highly sceptical to the maintenance costs as well. Theyll be easily massaged, especially to someone in the building game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post

This. F@cking lying c@nts im afraid

Quote Originally Posted by Bridieeater View Post
    because they have the financial muscle and deep pockets to deal with it.
    And the will and the ambition. That's why i said earlier that Pittodrie could and should have been redeveloped years ago. Unfortunately I'm resigned to the new stadium but it's not what I support or want and it will be one that I wont be at (every game) because of the issues in getting there after having already travelled three hours to get to Aberdeen city centre by public transport and will have three hours travelling by public transport to get home if and or when i get back into Aberdeen city centre.

Quote Originally Posted by LED View Post
    For the ump****th time we cant redevelop pittodrie as the council have already told the club it's a non starter unless its a smaller stadium. That's why we started this journey with the community stadium inconjuction with the council which was then pulled when the council realised they had no money to build it. The land at kings links is common good land so cant be sold.

Hence council officers have been looking at a replacement site on behalf of AFC and thought loiriston was the answer. But despite thinking the council owned all the land it turned out they didn't. Dead duck.

So council officers couldn't find suitable land which is why AFC have had to look at greenfield site rather than a brown belt site.
    I agree with you.
    I'm just pointing out the other glaringly obvious impact which is the cost.
    Some people in here seem to think we can rebuild a similar size for cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Stupie82 View Post
    Money talks and they also likely have councils who are open to the idea of development unlike the city council here.
    I'd like to have seen the same effort that's been put into these other locations into exploring, and explaining to fans, the costings and capacity of Pittodrie. What it would take to get it done in a no matter what scenario. Give the fans the option of paying to do it etc.

But we all know they've wanted to leave Pittodrie for 2 decades. They want away from that ****hole area and into the wealthy, family day out, corporate friendly area. Their vision is the english model.

Doesn't represent Aberdeen for me. I'm sure it won't be passed but if they ever did move to there I'd lose interest.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    I agree with you.
    I'm just pointing out the other glaringly obvious impact which is the cost.
    Some people in here seem to think we can rebuild a similar size for cheaper.
    Terrace 3 sides of the ground, leave the RDS for the comfy seats & sandwiches, put an all weather surface down.

Increased capacity for much less than a new build.

That’s the kind of positive blue sky out the box thinking that’s missing from AFC

Quote Originally Posted by LED View Post
    So you can't provide any proof that any of it is wrong.
    Indeed.
    Maybe a worthwhile consideration that if you are going to disagree with a statement from the club, it would be good to provide evidence of the contradictory views.
    Otherwise its just opinion and presumably uninformed opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Stupie82 View Post
    The first point ... I know first hand that these meetings have taken place between the club and council, because I have been involved in them. Secondly, I have seen on two occasions the proposals for the redevelopment of Pittodrie and both times the the idea was pretty much kicked out from the get-go. The cost of fully redeveloping Pittodrie was once estimated to be around £25-30m (that figure has likely increased), however, since the area around it has been developed, the layout of the ground would likely have to be changed, the capacity would have to be reduced and the cost would be around the same figure. Then there are the costs to build facilities separately, which as far as i am aware have never gone before the planning department at ACC, but would again cost millions to build on city land.

In my own opinion, Kingsford would be the best option for value for money, however i can see both sides of the argument.
    I think consideration must also go into the impact of redeveloping whilst still playing fixtures

Terrace 3 sides of the ground, leave the RDS for the comfy seats & sandwiches, put an all weather surface down.

Increased capacity for much less than a new build.

That’s the kind of positive blue sky out the box thinking that’s missing from AFC
    Interesting.

Scaremongering horse sh1t

I’m also highly sceptical to the maintenance costs as well. Theyll be easily massaged, especially to someone in the building game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    This. F@cking lying c@nts im afraid
    Lets try and put this to bed shall we.

Is it UEFA guidelines that clubs in the group stages of the Europa league are required to have a Tier 4 stadium?
    https://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles...5_DOWNLOAD.pdf

Does Pittodrie have a Tier 4 status?

Could Pittodrie be redeveloped at a lower nett cost, with a similar capacity that meets the UEFA Guidelines than moving to Kingsford?

Page 308 of 560 FirstFirst ... 208258298306307308309310318358408 ... LastLast