+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 148 of 560 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150158198248 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 5595

Thread: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

I suspect all this publicity is because they know that the council is very close to throwing out the application.

Quote Originally Posted by red_mist View Post
    Lets simplify the debate.

My take is:

1. Majority of fans are happy to move to new complex at Kingsford BUT want a stadium which provides better atmosphere (steep raked stands, closer to pitch, no reduced seating areas at corners) i.e. not happy with current design.

Don't think that's true.

Steep stands won't be going in, appeasement measure to the NKS winkers

Why appease them?

Steeper stands are a big part of what would be attractive about the whole thing.

I personally think the stadium and complex look smart as f*ck.. at least from the flythrough video that was presented. Its not the most ideal location, but ACC will never grant the club permission to build in the city on that scale, plus the fact commercial acreage is whooring dear in the city, its financially illogical. One administration could back it and the next can kick it out, its the sad reality of local governments, but hopefully if this gets the go ahead then it will actually go ahead. We need a new stadium, it isnt going to fit everyone's criteria, but i feel we need to get behind it. If it gets kicked out then its back to square one, but with all these attempts folk will get scunnered and the incompetence of councilors could mean we never get the stadium how or where we want.

What happens if it gets built & the atmospheres sh1t & nobody can be @rsed with the hassle?

Surely the club can come out right now and trample all over these concerns if they're that confident? I've watched the fly through which chaps on the supporters bar door, but doesn't show you inside the ground. The only thing Im really interested in seeing

I'm not against a new stadium. I'm against Milne building it

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    What happens if it gets built & the atmospheres sh1t & nobody can be @rsed with the hassle?

Surely the club can come out right now and trample all over these concerns if they're that confident? I've watched the fly through which chaps on the supporters bar door, but doesn't show you inside the ground. The only thing Im really interested in seeing

I'm not against a new stadium. I'm against Milne building it

In that case, If Milne builds it and it turns out to be actually great + McInnes is still here when its finished = Will you become a silent minority?

If either of those things happen, I'll run down Union St in a John Brown Rangers top

I had to laugh last night. I went oot to Lawsondale to watch my old boys team(get humped). Obviously I go the Kinnelar roundabout way as I'm fae Meldrum. Its good to see the sights of Westhill that way. As you come in you pretty much see Tesco right away with its massive painted Tesco along the side of the grey building, this takes up a decent amount of the skyline, behind that and clearly visible on the skyline is the Arnhall Business Park inclusive of the hangar that is Costco. But in the town you have the lego looking Holiday inn which looks sh@te and across the road there is one of those identikit Aldis. This was all seen as I was driving listening to my tunes and nae really giving a f@ck about my surroundings. There are probably more "sights" I missed. If I noticed it all with out trying how did the NIMBYs feel, some of them must have had heart attacks as its actually "in their back yard". They must have put in complaints galore for each and everyone of these buildings................................then again

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    If either of those things happen, I'll run down Union St in a John Brown Rangers top

On the slim chance this happens - I sure as feck hope it's recorded for posterity!

I might be wrong here but I dont think its possible to build a stadium that creates an atmosphere.

Pittodrie has its faults but I wouldn't blame the stadium for the shyte atmosphere, after all the atmosphere can be good in big European games and against the cheeks.

I would imagine the new stadium will have exactly the same atmosphere as Pittodrie does when we play the likes of Kilmarnock and Motherwell, sweetie papers rustling as Fergie use to say.

Page 148 of 560 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150158198248 ... LastLast