+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2021 agm

2021 agm

Just sat through the AGM meeting. Most of what was said is a repeat of what we have already heard but a few new nuggets of info as follows

1. The new stadium at the beach would not be before season 25/26 and the capacity they are looking at is only 16,000-17,000 as that saves £10M-£15M on a stadium of similar capacity to Pittodrie. They want to "sweat the asset" by having near full stadiums every week. If need be can cut away support to circa 500.

2. Kingsford not dead but clearly centre of town for the stadium is preferred.

3. Glass still keen on Devlin but won't be fit for another 6-7 weeks so a decision to be made on whether to extend contract or not. Sounds like he will get an extension as he is not on much wages.

4. Kennedy starts light training this week and should be back in full training next week

5. Hernandez won't be back as he will want to stay in the US. He is on big wages so sending him to MLS saves wages and may get a transfer fee in the future

6. We have record season tickets this season - 9100 plus 700 dining season tickets

7. Obviously very keen to kick off swapping young players with Atlanta when pandemic allows

So is Staunch PR on the board now?

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    So is Staunch PR on the board now?
    Yes she was voted on to the Board formally tonight

Club's fuc king riddled.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    Club's fuc king riddled.
    When her near namesake, and EBT tax-evading beneficiary Campbell Ogilvie was club secretary or somesuch at Stink Acres, Edmiston Drive, he dropped his first name (Robert) prompting mischievous miscreants to muse that he didn’t want to be the only RC on the debt-ravaged, corrupt, sectarian affront to human decency’s hooky payroll.

The Herald gives the skinny on Cormack and Capitalist Cronies Inc’s consultant-led ferreting around for extra spondoolicks…

**** televised fitba, I say.

Warning: ADVERB HEAVY

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport...xt-five-years/
    Last edited by 57vintage; 14-12-2021 at 08:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post

Warning: ADVERB HEAVY
    As you say, adverb-wise it is heavily laden but, in fairness, I thinks that’s a *******isation of the English language exported from these shores westwards from the 1970s (remember Michael Barratt on Nationwide?).

There was mention about domestic packages of televised fitba in the piece but I picked up more on the international options. It may be easier to convince a foreign audience that the SPL is ‘an authentic product’ than it is to persuade us that it is not as crooked as **** but there is undeniably interest beyond these shores. I was quite staggered by detailed questioning on Hearts being able to continue after their insolvency in 2013 from a Bucharest taxi driver, diet huns in Dacias seems about right.

Even more so was my son’s experience in Albania. Not Tirana, not any main town but maybe ‘as Auchterless is to Rhynie’ in the old Scotland the What? skit. Asking in a bar how to get to an Airbnb , the helpful local said it is was so remote directions were futile. Leave the car, have a few beers and he would drive. En route to the accommodation, it was the universal language of football, ‘So, from Scotland, which team do you support, Celtic or Rangers?’. My son replied, ‘I’m not really a football fan’, but immediately sensing the disappointment of his Albanian interrogator, adds, ‘but my Dad is and he has taken me to Pittodrie a few times so Aberdeen is my team’. ‘Ah’, replies the custodian of perhaps the oldest Indo-European language, ‘so you’re just a sheep-shagging *******’. That is brand recognition and we should be cashing in.

I saw Michael Barratt at Dyce Airport* once.

He was wearing a bright yellow suit.

When the airport was a portacabin in Dyce.

Now it’s a few portacabins stuck together in Buckburn.

Quote Originally Posted by rustlinsweetiepapers View Post
    As you say, adverb-wise it is heavily laden but, in fairness, I thinks that’s a *******isation of the English language exported from these shores westwards from the 1970s (remember Michael Barratt on Nationwide?).

There was mention about domestic packages of televised fitba in the piece but I picked up more on the international options. It may be easier to convince a foreign audience that the SPL is ‘an authentic product’ than it is to persuade us that it is not as crooked as **** but there is undeniably interest beyond these shores. I was quite staggered by detailed questioning on Hearts being able to continue after their insolvency in 2013 from a Bucharest taxi driver, diet huns in Dacias seems about right.

Even more so was my son’s experience in Albania. Not Tirana, not any main town but maybe ‘as Auchterless is to Rhynie’ in the old Scotland the What? skit. Asking in a bar how to get to an Airbnb , the helpful local said it is was so remote directions were futile. Leave the car, have a few beers and he would drive. En route to the accommodation, it was the universal language of football, ‘So, from Scotland, which team do you support, Celtic or Rangers?’. My son replied, ‘I’m not really a football fan’, but immediately sensing the disappointment of his Albanian interrogator, adds, ‘but my Dad is and he has taken me to Pittodrie a few times so Aberdeen is my team’. ‘Ah’, replies the custodian of perhaps the oldest Indo-European language, ‘so you’re just a sheep-shagging *******’. That is brand recognition and we should be cashing in.
    Cracker!🤣

A Maltese taxi driver, a few years back, to my amazement, was able to recite virtually the entire Aberdeen football team from the 1983 European exploits when we beat, amongst others, Real, Bayern and Hamburg. That was some team though!

Quote Originally Posted by Shetland Don View Post
    1983 European exploits when we beat, amongst others, Real, Bayern and Hamburg.
    6 gives good copy about the Super Cup win in today’s Psephology & Jojoba. It’ll be 38 (THIRTY EIGHT) years on Monday that we won it.

No recognisable trophy handed over as such (although, at a later date, we did buy a spare that was lying around Old Trafford, I think), causing one of the now-deceased trusties to comment during the lap of honour, “They’re parading Gunther Netzer’s P45”.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast