+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 296 of 560 FirstFirst ... 196246286294295296297298306346396 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,960 of 5595

Thread: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    my point is being lost on you here. The club reek of bull**** on this one. I don't believe this is the case at all. The fact they have changed their mind on where we can play makes the stench even stronger.

As said above. "no Pittodrie cannot be redeveloped", that turned into, "yes it can but it will be smaller".

Its as if they are forgetting previously spouted pish.

They are spouting any pish to get everyone onside for the Masonic Milne Dome.

Nae working here Stewarty min. Nae working on plenty of others either
    You'll just not be happy with anything proposed.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Sorted then.
    Lets stay at Pittodrie with a reduced capacity.
    Let's happy clap that dimwit idea
    Jeezo, i think you are missing the point somewhat.

That said, not everyone would be able to make an away "home" game, so that would be an impact.
    Nevermind, it would likely be on the telly anyway.........

At last you get the point.

Quote Originally Posted by redscot View Post
    Jeezo, i think you are missing the point somewhat.
    What is the point?
    To redevelop Pittodrie to meet the UEFA guidelines, they're saying that the redevelopment would reduce Pittodrie.
    Or do we accept having to play home games away from home?

You can see Hearts new stadium has what looks like a stupid press seats with desks.
    Why? because its a requirement by UEFA

One thing I do need to look at is whether the criteria laid down by UEFA is actually enforced or when it will become enforced.
    That a different question.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    That said, not everyone would be able to make an away "home" game, so that would be an impact.
    Nevermind, it would likely be on the telly anyway.........

At last you get the point.
    What that you'd rather watch on the telly than go to the game.
    F*CK that, I would rather be there.

Good point, never stopped to think about that.
    I'm not aware if either meet the guidelines or not.
    You'd hazard a guess they would not.
    Do you think AFC already know the answer to this & released the scare story anyway? Or do you think they’re completely ignorant of the facts?

What is it, are they lying or incompetent?

I think it’s the first but neithers a good a look.

What is the point?
    To redevelop Pittodrie to meet the UEFA guidelines, they're saying that the redevelopment would reduce Pittodrie.
    Or do we accept having to play home games away from home?

You can see Hearts new stadium has what looks like a stupid press seats with desks.
    Why? because its a requirement by UEFA

One thing I do need to look at is whether the criteria laid down by UEFA is actually enforced or when it will become enforced.
    That a different question.

The point being you are swallowing everything milne and his mates say, alot of it is utter sh!te and some just downright lies.

Going back to Vintages point earlier

Spending more than twice the length of the game itself travelling to and from a home game is not f@cking appealing in the slightest. I wouldn't be far off two hours each way(public transport) and that's with out the waiting for the busses or traffic factored in. To see my local club who are 13 miles away (Kingsford). 13 miles but 2 hours + away. Away and sh@te. Imagine that after a usual sh@te the bed v the pigs midweek. You would want to slit your f@cking wrists

By public transport I could make the Locos quicker obviously. I could make Turriff 17 miles. But absurdly I could make Huntly (25 miles), Deveronvale (30 miles) and Keith (35 miles) quicker by public transport than my club who are going to be approx. Buckie on the bus is just shy of 2 hours on a bus and its 48 miles away.

I like a day out at the fitba at my local top flight team as its close and 30 mins away as it stands. To quadruple that I might have to weigh up my options
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 12-01-2018 at 12:45 PM.

I can see that any attempt at humour is going to be misunderstood so I'll try to be serious for a minute.

Everyone else got Mason's point before Mason voiced it.

Once they've been caught out in a blatent lie, everything they've ever said has to be questioned.

To be a successful liar you have to at least try to remember previous lies.

At one time I would have said you also had to make your lies at least plausible.
    Experience has taught me that second point is p'ish.

What is the actual reason Milne and co are saying we wont be able to play European football at Pittodrie for again?

Is it because of the width of the pitch and the track?

I find it hard to believe that Dens park and Tannadice in particular have a wider pitch and track than we do.

If its to do with the stadium itself then Im afraid there are clubs who regularly play in Europe with older stadiums in a lot worse condition than Pittodrie is,some of the grounds we have played at in Europe these last few years have been in a worse state than Pittodrie is.

Scaremongering at its finest by Milne and co, I would have a bit more respect for them if they came out and told the truth why they want to move to a new stadium.

Page 296 of 560 FirstFirst ... 196246286294295296297298306346396 ... LastLast