+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 297 of 560 FirstFirst ... 197247287295296297298299307347397 ... LastLast
Results 2,961 to 2,970 of 5595

Thread: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

I like the idea of the UEFA officials enjoying Tannadices first class facilities, from a stand Douglas Bader couldn’t get comfy in

Quote Originally Posted by redscot View Post
    The point being you are swallowing everything milne and his mates say, alot of it is utter sh!te and some just downright lies.
    No, the point is that I take what he says and assess for myself.

The UEFA criteria states that stadiums should be category 4 by the group stages of the Europa League, which I understand Pittodrie does not comply with.

Unless you know differently of course

They don't want us, or our like, in European competition anyway.

Change the rules not the stadia.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Going back to Vintages point earlier

Spending more than twice the length of the game itself travelling to and from a home game is not f@cking appealing in the slightest. I wouldn't be far off two hours each way(public transport) and that's with out the waiting for the busses or traffic factored in. To see my local club who are 13 miles away (Kingsford). 13 miles but 2 hours + away. Away and sh@te. Imagine that after a usual sh@te the bed v the pigs midweek. You would want to slit your f@cking wrists

By public transport I could make the Locos quicker obviously. I could make Turriff 17 miles. But absurdly I could make Huntly (25 miles), Deveronvale (30 miles) and Keith (35 miles) quicker by public transport than my club who are going to be approx. Buckie on the bus is just shy of 2 hours on a bus and its 48 miles away.

I like a day out at the fitba at my local top flight team as its close and 30 mins away as it stands. To quadruple that I might have to weigh up my options
    *******s.
    The bus fae Meldrum to Aberdeen takes an hour.
    The bus fae Union Square to Westhill takes 36 minutes (roughly the same time you apparently walk to Pitodrie from town)

Your making up an increased travel to suit your needs and conveniently missing bits out.
    We also pointed out that there may be options for you when the ground is finished that are not there now that would actually decrease your travelling time

the lengths some people go to to make a shyte argument

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    They don't want us, or our like, in European competition anyway.

Change the rules not the stadia.
    Possibly, hence why we've not actually made it to the actual competition for some time now.
    If the rules reverted, then it may change the choices that the board are making.

Certainly they see (as most clubs do nowadays), that the only way to significantly increase the revenue is to get to the group stages.
    The criteria determines our options.
    Like I said earlier though, there may be a case for whether the criteria is enforced or not.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    No, the point is that I take what he says and assess for myself.

The UEFA criteria states that stadiums should be category 4 by the group stages of the Europa League, which I understand Pittodrie does not comply with.

Unless you know differently of course
    Are Dens Park or Tannadice category 4? Assess that for yourself. If it’s pish, then the club are lying

*******s.
    The bus fae Union Square to Westhill takes 36 minutes (roughly the same time you apparently walk to Pitodrie from town)

Your making up an increased travel to suit your needs and conveniently missing bits out.
    We also pointed out that there may be options for you when the ground is finished that are not there now that would actually decrease your travelling time

Aye so its approximately 2 hours. I live in Gownor and not Oldmeldrum so I have a 20 minute walk to the bus stop. Sorry for the facts being exactly that. F@cking facts. If that means a sh@te argument, then id love to see a good argument.

If the maths are done. 1 hour plus 20 minutes plus 36 minutes is 1 hour and 56 minutes.

So I would be looking at approx. 2 hours at least as I said. Where are the missed out bits?

As I said I haven't factored in traffic or waiting between busses or even failing to get on a bus as it is full heading to The Masonic Milne Dome

To add I walk from the train station via a few pubs. I don't walk cramped up like sardines with sweaty fitba punters. So comparing the times is totally pointless. Having a pint is part of the Pittodrie day out. Two busses is not.
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 12-01-2018 at 02:03 PM.

At the moment Milne has said

"£10 million but we have 60% of the funding in place, or have commitments towards it."

So 6 million in place there

He then said

"We would then embark on phase two – the stadium. We would have 40% of that funding lined up. That is what we expect from the sale of Pittodrie"

16 million quid there

28 million debt it is currently. Nae bad. Lets build it with less than half the money
    The total cost of Kingsford is £50m (£10m for the academy and £40m for the stadium).

*******s.

Yup this.

Conversely it takes me about half an hour to get to Pittodrie, about 45 minutes to an hour to get home.

This will change to five minutes to Kingsford, and 'x' to get home (but obviously much less than Pittodrie).

I cancel Mason out

Aye so its approximately 2 hours. I live in Gownor and not Oldmeldrum so I have a 20 minute walk to the bus stop. Sorry for the facts being exactly that. F@cking facts. If that means a sh@te argument, then id love to see a good argument.

If the maths are done. 1 hour plus 20 minutes plus 36 minutes is 1 hour and 56 minutes.

So I would be looking at approx. 2 hours at least as I said. Where are the missed out bits?
    You've added 20 mins at the start which you would do anyway and forgot the walk from Union square to Pittodrie.
    So in essence the same travelling time.
    Thanks for clarifying.

Add in potential for more direct routes / supporters bus option etc once the stadium is actually finished and you could actually reduce travelling time

Oh, but stay as we are and travel even f*cking further for European games lol

Page 297 of 560 FirstFirst ... 197247287295296297298299307347397 ... LastLast