+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 194 of 560 FirstFirst ... 94144184192193194195196204244294 ... LastLast
Results 1,931 to 1,940 of 5595

Thread: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

Just as a point of clarity.
    I believe Pittodrie meets category 3
    Page 28 of the attached regulations state

27.01 Unless stipulated otherwise in these regulations, matches in the competition must be played in a stadium which meets the structural criteria of the following categories as defined in the UEFA Stadium Infrastructure Regulations:
    a. category 2 for the first and second qualifying rounds;
    b. category 3 for the third qualifying round and play-offs;
    c. category 4 from the group stage to the semi-finals.
    http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/...5_DOWNLOAD.pdf

So we're still good to play at Pittodrie beyond our recent QR3 level and into the play-off round.
    However if we were to reach the group stages, we would need dispensation, else have to play at Murrayfield or in Glasgow.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    This from the chap who only the other night got blootered, posted angry ramblings & logged in about 6.30am still canned for another go. Or did you forget?
    This is your modus operandi Mason, not me. Or did you forget?

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    No your the one making things up.
    They had to play their group stages away from Tynecastle

If it was to expand capacity, then they would have done so with glamour games against Liverpool and Tottenham.
    They were play off rounds, so could play at Tynecastl4
    Please stop wasting my time making things up.

http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...se-murrayfield

Hearts have used Murrayfield in the past for some Uefa Cup encounters and with Tynecastle's capacity only 17,500 they are keen for more fans to see them in Champions League action.

Hearts chairman and acting chief executive Roman Romanov said: "One of our main considerations has been how we accommodate so many supporters and give them the continuity that is so important when they are planning for our European campaign.

"Despite the natural attractions of Tynecastle, we do believe that our fans will come out in large numbers for our first European game this season at Murrayfield and there is certain to be a great atmosphere in the stadium.

"If successful in the second qualifying round of the Champions League, we would then hold all our subsequent European home ties - whether that be Champions League or Uefa Cup - at Murrayfield.

"The facilities at Murrayfield are also much more appropriate for European football and we are delighted to have negotiated a suitable deal with Scottish Rugby in order to showcase Hearts, Edinburgh and indeed Scotland to the rest of the world."
    Group games all over Europe are played at grounds that don't comply with various bits of regulations. Chelsea played a Champions League group game on Tuesday and don't comply with pitch size or the totally made up 5 metre run off.

Milne is a liar. Stop believing the sh*te he says.

Hearts old chief executive said it would cost £35.8m (£50m taking into account inflation) for a new main stand so they had to move. They are building one for £12m. Ring any bells? "Council planners would also object to any expansion of the McLeod Street Stand beyond its present boundaries." Incredible similarities and you all lap up Mine's nonsense.

I dont believe a word Stewart Milne says full stop. Hes a c@nt

There's also confusion in some quarters over Pittodrie. "Fit, we spend millions for a 12000 stadium that we might not get dispensation for?" Nobody's saying do it for a 12000 stadium or for a pitch that's too small. There isn't a shred of proof it would be 12000, nor an explanation over the cost of doing a 18/19/20000 one however it would be possible. It's easily possible on our land if you don't restrict the location of the stands. Un-hem in the merkland and main stand. I'd set up a direct debit to contribute to it like Hearts do. Nothing has been explored. There isn't an explanation as to how our new stands would cost 5 times what they do elsewhere.

Folk have been pulled in by this pro Kingsford hate Pittodrie campaign. Modern out of town grounds are dreadful. Fvck, even some very near to the team's old home with great transport links are dreadful. Real fans of clubs everywhere that have moved to them say it yet Aberdeen fans are desperate for a slice of it. There's no pre match atmosphere or build up in the city and pubs. No excitement walking to the game with thouands. No fierce sense of this is our home when visitors come to the ground. No spirit in the stands. Soulless garbage. Football ruined for all future generations of Aberdonians.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Just as a point of clarity.
    I believe Pittodrie meets category 3
    Page 28 of the attached regulations state

http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/...5_DOWNLOAD.pdf

So we're still good to play at Pittodrie beyond our recent QR3 level and into the play-off round.
    However if we were to reach the group stages, we would need dispensation, else have to play at Murrayfield or in Glasgow.

So our slight bothering of euro football is fine at Pittodrie then. Groups aye pull the other one, we have proved that's way beyond our capabilities

If we build the stadium (which again ill state I don't think we will) theres a fair chance we wont be in Europe as the money wont be going toward the team but paying off the stadium so Europe wont be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by stansmith View Post
    There's no pre match atmosphere or build up in the city and pubs. No excitement walking to the game with thouands. No fierce sense of this is our home when visitors come to the ground. No spirit in the stands. Soulless garbage. Football ruined for all future generations of Aberdonians.
    That's all very poetic but the atmosphere is ****e at Pittodrie.

Awesome, I to sit my arse on a beach for 2 weeks ! Come back and you lot are still giving this ćunt airtime. ignore the bellend FFS

he is sitting laughing and masterbating behind his screen at every one who replies.
    Last edited by DonVincenzo (The II); 16-09-2017 at 07:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    That's all very poetic but the atmosphere is ****e at Pittodrie.
    Aye it is as soon as the game kicks off. Apart from big games. Probably the worst part of the day. Everything else is great, and is everything that would be lost at the P&R Dome. I'm not saying don't change it or build new stands to improve it at Pittodrie.

Quote Originally Posted by stansmith View Post
    Aye it is as soon as the game kicks off. Apart from big games. Probably the worst part of the day. Everything else is great, and is everything that would be lost at the P&R Dome. I'm not saying don't change it or build new stands to improve it at Pittodrie.
    Aye good point, I love going to the football to walk to the ground. Just before kick off I leave.

I like going to the pictures and watching the adverts, etc. Doesn't mean I'd go to experience that and then sit through Transformers v Turtles 17.

Page 194 of 560 FirstFirst ... 94144184192193194195196204244294 ... LastLast