+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 200 of 560 FirstFirst ... 100150190198199200201202210250300 ... LastLast
Results 1,991 to 2,000 of 5595

Thread: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

Quote Originally Posted by fatshaft View Post
    No, nothing like that.
    In all seriousness, who is paying for it? How will that reflect on our playing budget?

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    In all seriousness, who is paying for it? How will that reflect on our playing budget?
    I too wonder how it will be funded, but the club is projecting that this is in hand.
    Its possibly not worth disclosing it, but lets hypothetically assume its funded by the following: -

£20M Pittodrie sale
    £15M Lifetime naming rights for the South Stand - The Stewart Milne Stand
    £15M Lifetime naming rights for the North Stand - The Dave Cormack Stand

Not that I think it will happen this way, but both a drop in the ocean for them.
    Would it ease your concerns over the move if there were assurances on the funding?

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    I too wonder how it will be funded, but the club is projecting that this is in hand.
    Its possibly not worth disclosing it, but lets hypothetically assume its funded by the following: -

£20M Pittodrie sale
    £15M Lifetime naming rights for the South Stand - The Stewart Milne Stand
    £15M Lifetime naming rights for the North Stand - The Dave Cormack Stand

Not that I think it will happen this way, but both a drop in the ocean for them.
    Would it ease your concerns over the move if there were assurances on the funding?
    The club projecting that it's in hand means absolutely nothing to me to be honest. If it's it hand then tell us how it's in hand.

Hypothesis isn't very helpful either...no offence.

There's no assurances, nothing to suggest how the massive black hole will be covered. If they were to come out and say they will pay for it themselves and there will be no debt to the club then yes I'd be happy. The fact they won't pay for training facilities or upgrade the "safety hazard" we currently play in suggests they won't be paying for the new stadium themselves.

We will have a new stadium with Neil MacFarlane signings.

Quote Originally Posted by stansmith View Post
    You, like the majority of fans to be fair, have bought into the long hate campaign against Pittodrie, worried about a bit of wind or rain or queuing for a pie. Desperate for an even more sanitised version of football. You'll see what we've lost when it's gone. Maybe it's older folk for whom Pittodrie has lost it's touch, who knew a better version, but it has life that no out of town ground has, which it appears many will only understand once it's gone. A lot of people used to make light of some of the complaints but now it's outright incessant vitriol against our home, 'old decrepit sh*thole' and such like. I believe this is a factor in the absolute silence at the Kilmarnock game.
    So let's just ignore the apology part and change the subject. Didn't think you'd man up and apologise. No matter.

As for pittodrie, I've been going since the 80's. I've got some great memories of games I've been to there but the stadium has served its purpose and it's time for us to move on. Such is life. My old high school got demolished this summer, it was 130 years old and falling apart. I have some fond memories of being there but we didn't all form a vigilante gang against th council for replacing it. When things have served their purpose you but new things. I remember my first car I loved but I didn't try and keep it running for the next 25 years I just got a new one.

Apart from anything else it's the team I love. Whether it's an old stadium next to the North Sea or a shiny new one at westhill as long as Aberdeen are playing there I'll go watch them. And if you boycott the stadium at least it'll be another parking space for a soulless fa**ot like me

We will have a new stadium with Neil MacFarlane signings.
    Shudder

"To be honest, unless we move this club into the 21st century with proper facilities, there's a very real danger those fans walking up King Street in the long term may not have a team to support"- George Yule

So that's,

We will have to play euro games in Glasgow
    We cant develop Pittodrie
    There are no other sites
    Pittodrie is too expensive in up keep

and now our club will disappear if we don't move. People want proof of the other reasons but I want Yule to explain this one to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    "To be honest, unless we move this club into the 21st century with proper facilities, there's a very real danger those fans walking up King Street in the long term may not have a team to support"- George Yule

So that's,

We will have to play euro games in Glasgow
    We cant develop Pittodrie
    There are no other sites
    Pittodrie is too expensive in up keep

and now our club will disappear if we don't move. People want proof of the other reasons but I want Yule to explain this one to me.
    is he saying without moving the club will cease to exist? the stakeholders of the club will walk away? Stay / Move, in my opinion that in 15-20 years this will happen whatever decision is made. The ugly sisters will get their move to the global leagues and AFC will participate in our national part time set up. But for Yule to give the doomsday scenario, really necessary?

Quote Originally Posted by thebeachend View Post
    is he saying without moving the club will cease to exist? the stakeholders of the club will walk away? Stay / Move, in my opinion that in 15-20 years this will happen whatever decision is made. The ugly sisters will get their move to the global leagues and AFC will participate in our national part time set up. But for Yule to give the doomsday scenario, really necessary?
    He could come out first of all and say how it's all being paid for. Thread goes silent by some when that gets brought up but they are quick to jump in when buses are mentioned.

Anyway, word on the street is that Celtic are looking to set up some Euro League which won't include Sevco.

He could come out first of all and say how it's all being paid for. Thread goes silent by some when that gets brought up but they are quick to jump in when buses are mentioned.
    The insults & arguments on this thread seem to be connected more with where it should be built, rather than if it could be built.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    The insults & arguments on this thread seem to be connected more with where it should be built, rather than if it could be built.
    I`d expect Statoil to have some hand in the funding ??

Page 200 of 560 FirstFirst ... 100150190198199200201202210250300 ... LastLast