+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 173 of 560 FirstFirst ... 73123163171172173174175183223273 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,730 of 5595

Thread: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

Quote Originally Posted by BorneoRed View Post
    The point is, what will you do if it goes ahead?

Will you go against your principles and attend the "soulless, lego building that you say it will be?
    Eventually go less I have no doubt. I don't know when. Depends how the first few times are.

I find the "if you're a fan you'll travel" stuff very out of touch. Many of the different people I go with don't organise their lives around football.

Some decide to go to the pub on Saturday and then go to the game. Some work on the morning of games then go if there's time. Some are certainly not full time fans but go along occasionally when they feel like it. Others like me tend to go into town at any time they want since there's plenty to do and take the day from there. It's a point of meeting people hours or minutes before a game. Westhill is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Getintaethem View Post
    how many games do you actually think he has attended?

thinks all that needs fixing at Pittordrie is the Main Stand ffs.
    I'll repeat it to see if it registers this time, it's the only thing that needs fixing just now to meet UEFA rooms and pitch size criteria.
    Last edited by stansmith; 03-09-2017 at 12:12 PM.

Went running today with someone involved with the planning side of the new stadium position in westhill .

He said that the cooncil are under loads of pressure to give this the go ahead .

He said to me read into that as you will. Interesting statement.

You never know what the cooncil will do, they are so unpredictable. But they do have a history going back decades of making stupid decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    You never know what the cooncil will do, they are so unpredictable. But they do have a history going back decades of making stupid decisions.
    Ive no doot now that this will go ahead after today ..

The cooncil are also very good at lending a listening ear but also blanking with the other one.

As will be the case with the westhill objectors.

Quote Originally Posted by stansmith View Post

I'll repeat it to see if it registers this time, it's the only thing that needs fixing just now to meet UEFA rooms and pitch size criteria.
    No it doesn't register as you are not a fan and do not go to matches. You are a westhillier who registered on this site so you could peddle your BS.

Now that registers.

And if you were a fan you would realise how stupid your statement sounds, it is just one reason - and not even the most pressing reason why we need to move.

Now that registers.
    Last edited by Getintaethem; 03-09-2017 at 05:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Disco Buc View Post
    Ive no doot now that this will go ahead after today ..
    In reality it would be very difficult for the Council to refuse this application and leave with any credibility...

but then again, this is a local authority we are talking about.

Logic dictates that the plan will get approval...

my only fear is, this is a local authority we are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Disco Buc View Post
    Went running today with someone involved with the planning side of the new stadium position in westhill .

He said that the cooncil are under loads of pressure to give this the go ahead .

He said to me read into that as you will. Interesting statement.
    May I direct you to page 47 of the posts on the Hun thread - you may get a clue there ....

No it doesn't register as you are not a fan and do not go to matches. You are a westhillier who registered on this site so you could peddle your BS.

Now that registers.

And if you were a fan you would realise how stupid your statement sounds, it is just one reason - and not even the most pressing reason why we need to move.

Now that registers.
    Eh? What's the most pressing reason we need to move the stadium to Westhill?

Quote Originally Posted by stansmith View Post
    Eh? What's the most pressing reason we need to move the stadium to Westhill?
    If you were a supporter and followed Aberdeen you would know that the new stadium idea has been mooted for many years before even Loiriston. Before the time of Loirston (and during Loiriston - 10 years ago now) - the main reasons for a move were the poor state of repair of Pittodrie (not just the main stand), the cost of maintenance (of the entire stadium) and the struggles to meet safety standards (not the size of the pitch). None of these has improved over the past 10 years.

You are not a supporter of AFC because if you were you would know the above, not just parrot the No for Kingsford misinformation that the main reason for the move away from PittordrIe is to meet UEFA size of pitch rules - which could be achieved by redeveloping the main stand.

So jog off - if jogging is even allowed in Westhill.

If you were a supporter and followed Aberdeen you would know that the new stadium idea has been mooted for many years before even Loiriston. Before the time of Loirston (and during Loiriston - 10 years ago now) - the main reasons for a move were the poor state of repair of Pittodrie (not just the main stand), the cost of maintenance (of the entire stadium) and the struggles to meet safety standards (not the size of the pitch). None of these has improved over the past 10 years.

You are not a supporter of AFC because if you were you would know the above, not just parrot the No for Kingsford misinformation that the main reason for the move away from PittordrIe is to meet UEFA size of pitch rules - which could be achieved by redeveloping the main stand.

So jog off - if jogging is even allowed in Westhill.
    Yet here we are 20 years later.

The south stand hasn't sunk.

The main stand is still being used.

The capacity hasn't been cut.

Stands haven't been closed.

European football is still being played.

Where do you stay like? Another teuchter?

Page 173 of 560 FirstFirst ... 73123163171172173174175183223273 ... LastLast