+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 175 of 560 FirstFirst ... 75125165173174175176177185225275 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,750 of 5595

Thread: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    By "Teuchter" what do you mean?

People who live outside Aberdeen City?

If it wasn't for these folk, teuchters if you will, our average home crowds would be Dundee United/Killie-esque.
    If it wasn't for central belters as well then would be worse than Dundee United.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    If it wasn't for central belters as well then would be worse than Dundee United.
    I agree with that . been that way for decades we have huge numbers of Aberdeen fans south of Dundee always have..
    My Gleswegian dad for example and a few friends of mine who make massive efforts to visit pittodrie every home game ..

They deserve a medal they really do.

nithin wrang wi teuchters

Quote Originally Posted by Disco Buc View Post
    I agree with that . been that way for decades we have huge numbers of Aberdeen fans south of Dundee always have..
    My Gleswegian dad for example and a few friends of mine who make massive efforts to visit pittodrie every home game ..

They deserve a medal they really do.
    Well its a 200 mile round trip from Fife for me for home games. Would I be encouraged to more games using the bypass to Kingsford. Hmmmm let me think. Straight to the shiny new ground or try and drive through the town and find somewhere down the front to park and then fight my way back out the harbour road when the game finishes. That's a tough choice right there.

I'll use supporters busses more than the train after its built. That'll save folk a fair bit as it's much cheaper than the train. Won't save me as I work in the railways, but hey ho. And i'm sure if some want a pint before or after, the bus could arrive early and leave late, or stop somewhere en-route..

Some of the responses being sent to the council by the club and its advisers are so disingenuous, it's laughable.

It Makes you wonder why "with the current set up" (i.e. this season), we are managing to attract considerably more than 13,000 fans.

Široki Brijeg 17,067
    Apollon Limassol 20,085
    Hamilton Academical 15,165
    Dundee 15,646

Last edited by kkong; 05-09-2017 at 05:01 PM.

This UEFA reason is one of the biggest red herrings going.

UEFA can offer dispensation to any club to allow their stadium to be used.

It's entirely in their gift and has been - and continues to be - used many times.

Several English Premiership stadiums (e.g. Chelsea, Liverpool) don't have the much-cited 5m run-off areas round their pitches.

The likes of Maribor are playing in the CL Group Stage and there's no way their stands would pass any kind of UEFA safety regulations (e.g. those there last year will remember the steeply curved slopes at the back, just asking for a major crush to happen in an emergency evacuation). I'm pretty sure they also don't have 1,000 square metres of OB van space, a single 400 square metre VIP lounge, two TV studios, 25 TV commentary positions, press box for 100 people with 50 desks, a 200 square metre media room for 75 people, working space for 25 photographers, 150 VIP parking spaces, etc.

I hope Milne and his mates havent been telling porkies...

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Anyone who lives north of Balloch
    Or indeed anyone who lives there.

Quote Originally Posted by kkong View Post
    This UEFA reason is one of the biggest red herrings going.

UEFA can offer dispensation to any club to allow their stadium to be used.

It's entirely in their gift and has been - and continues to be - used many times.

Several English Premiership stadiums (e.g. Chelsea, Liverpool) don't have the much-cited 5m run-off areas round their pitches.

The likes of Maribor are playing in the CL Group Stage and there's no way their stands would pass any kind of UEFA safety regulations (e.g. those there last year will remember the steeply curved slopes at the back, just asking for a major crush to happen in an emergency evacuation). I'm pretty sure they also don't have 1,000 square metres of OB van space, a single 400 square metre VIP lounge, two TV studios, 25 TV commentary positions, press box for 100 people with 50 desks, a 200 square metre media room for 75 people, working space for 25 photographers, 150 VIP parking spaces, etc.
    Going by this so called ' 5 metre run off area '
    I take it clubs like hearts / Ross county etc won't be able to play European games at home as well....

Page 175 of 560 FirstFirst ... 75125165173174175176177185225275 ... LastLast