+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 202 of 560 FirstFirst ... 102152192200201202203204212252302 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,020 of 5595

Thread: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Worst case scenario would be asking fans to fund it, having a crippling debt.

We hope there are other funding options. You are guessing again though.
    Its not guessing, its speculating given various reports that have been out there.

1) Remember Dave Cormack joined the board, bringing direct investment and also commenting : -

"With my background in both business-to business and business-to consumer marketing, along with an extensive network of influential contacts in the United States, I look forward to working with the management team at AFC to explore some innovative ideas I've seen work stateside, to attracting American investment into the Club, and to seeking out strategic partnerships that will help AFC maximise its potential."
    2) Possible stadium / stand naming rights

3) Potential for supporters to contribute, similar to the Freedom Of Hearts foundation. DST polled 40% of dons fans would contribute

So yes, I don't know how much any of this will take in and how much would be remaining to be funded, hence why I said the worst case scenario would be mortgaging £30M.
    The likelihood is that it will be less than this

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    I suspect £20m intake for the Pittodrie site is a bit fanciful, given that the asking price when it was put on the market last time was around 50% of that number, and the property market's tits are still in the 'up' position. No takers matching the asking price then, so what chance now?

http://portal.cbre.eu/chelsea_upload...ie+Stadium.pdf
    So who / what company owns the little nugget of land adjacent to the south stand car park entrance?Name:  Pittodrie Land.jpg
Views: 831
Size:  19.7 KB

Buy that and there is plenty of area to rotate the ground through 45 or 90 degrees, and leave space for parking and fan zones.

I'd also suggest that the club don't own Pittodrie Street outside the ground as shown here, although they could include a proposal to stop it up and/or have it pass under/through a stand.

Clearly then though, you lose the money made from selling the land that would in part pay for the construction of the new stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    I suspect £20m intake for the Pittodrie site is a bit fanciful, given that the asking price when it was put on the market last time was around 50% of that number, and the property market's tits are still in the 'up' position. No takers matching the asking price then, so what chance now?

http://portal.cbre.eu/chelsea_upload...ie+Stadium.pdf
    Where does it show an asking price?
    It refers to an offers

Also, from the 2016 annual accounts
    Name:  aaa.jpg
Views: 766
Size:  15.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by canarydon View Post
    So who / what company owns the little nugget of land adjacent to the south stand car park entrance?Name:  Pittodrie Land.jpg
Views: 831
Size:  19.7 KB

Buy that and there is plenty of area to rotate the ground through 45 or 90 degrees, and leave space for parking and fan zones.

I'd also suggest that the club don't own Pittodrie Street outside the ground as shown here, although they could include a proposal to stop it up and/or have it pass under/through a stand.

Clearly then though, you lose the money made from selling the land that would in part pay for the construction of the new stadium.
    Crucial part here, plus to a lesser extent, the lack of training facilities co-located

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Crucial part here, plus to a lesser extent, the lack of training facilities co-located

I don't get the need to co-locate the training facilities with the ground though - although I suppose 1 benefit is only having to find a single location to take it all as opposed to two (slightly smaller) locations. However, how many clubs have their training facilities co-located with the stadium?

Milne hasnt bothered his hole with training facilities (never mind co-located) for phucking years but now its the be all and end all ??

The sh!te that is spewing out of Pittodrie over this is very worrying.

Quote Originally Posted by canarydon View Post
    I don't get the need to co-locate the training facilities with the ground though - although I suppose 1 benefit is only having to find a single location to take it all as opposed to two (slightly smaller) locations. However, how many clubs have their training facilities co-located with the stadium?
    I'm sure there are savings for staff and equipment by being co-located.
    Take the groundsman for example, does the club duplicate staff and equipment or do they have to get themselves and the equipment to two differing sites.

I've also read where teams lose the spirit of the ground as they are only ever there on match days.
    Having co-location, encourages that continuity.
    Its maybe more than just a commercial decision

Quote Originally Posted by redscot View Post
    Milne hasnt bothered his hole with training facilities (never mind co-located) for phucking years but now its the be all and end all ??

The sh!te that is spewing out of Pittodrie over this is very worrying.
    I'm sure there is an element of spin involved, which anyone in their right mind would do at this time.

I'm sure there is an element of spin involved, which anyone in their right mind would do at this time.
    ... and which anyone in their right mind would ignore. Pittodrie won't exist in future, we'll play euro games in Glasgow, the money is there, Westhill is the only flat bit of ground in Aberdeen...

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    ... and which anyone in their right mind would ignore. Pittodrie won't exist in future, we'll play euro games in Glasgow, the money is there, Westhill is the only flat bit of ground in Aberdeen...

Dont forget the "Pittodrie cant be re-developed" whopper that has been fed for years only for it to change to.....well aye it could be re-developed but it would only be a 12,000 capacity.....

Im sure they are making it up as they go along,very badly.

Page 202 of 560 FirstFirst ... 102152192200201202203204212252302 ... LastLast