+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 307 of 560 FirstFirst ... 207257297305306307308309317357407 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,070 of 5595

Thread: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

Quote Originally Posted by curvasud View Post
    Can you substantiate the first point and break down your second one?
    The first point ... I know first hand that these meetings have taken place between the club and council, because I have been involved in them. Secondly, I have seen on two occasions the proposals for the redevelopment of Pittodrie and both times the the idea was pretty much kicked out from the get-go. The cost of fully redeveloping Pittodrie was once estimated to be around £25-30m (that figure has likely increased), however, since the area around it has been developed, the layout of the ground would likely have to be changed, the capacity would have to be reduced and the cost would be around the same figure. Then there are the costs to build facilities separately, which as far as i am aware have never gone before the planning department at ACC, but would again cost millions to build on city land.

In my own opinion, Kingsford would be the best option for value for money, however i can see both sides of the argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Stupie82 View Post
    The first point ... I know first hand that these meetings have taken place between the club and council, because I have been involved in them. Secondly, I have seen on two occasions the proposals for the redevelopment of Pittodrie and both times the the idea was pretty much kicked out from the get-go.
    Very interesting, considering the club have claimed they've never had any proposals and the council have said they haven't seen them.

What did it involve?

Very interesting, considering the club have claimed they've never had any proposals and the council have said they haven't seen them.

What did it involve?
    The redevelopment idea was explored, but nothing went to the PDMC at ACC. It was said the ground would have to reduce it capacity to around 12,000, with possible redevelopment taking years to complete, hindering the club of further finances. The club have also publically stated that they need the funds from the sale of the ground to help fund the new one and without this ability, it would struggle to raise funds for redevelopment. I think it was around £20m figure.

Not all details of meetings go public. R&M meetings relating to public buildings happen all the time, with the details not being made public. Neither the council nor club have to admit to exploring the idea of redevelopment, however Aberdeen FC have stated publically that they cant redevelop Pittdorie. As for the council, I haven’t seen anything personally where they say they haven’t been approached by the club.

You can’t trust the club on this subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    You can’t trust the club on this subject.
    Of course you can, not everything is a conspiracy. The club gains nothing from spunking £50m on a so called hell hole that no one apparently wants. If the capacity was to be reduced to 12,000 for say 3-4 years, how much revenue would that lose us in a season? Say we average 15,000 a season just now, plus loss of revenue in cups and European games, we lose around £1.5m a season, roughly? Plus we would get zero money from the sale of the ground… it soon becomes silly money. Getting people on board to fund a new ground is easier than trying to fund the redevelopment of one, especially one in such a state. I can see the arguments for not moving to Kingsford, but I can also see it as the only real option.

But we already know they’ve lied on multiple occasions regarding the whole thing. Why should we believe the 12,000 figure? Why should we believe the maintence costs, the redevelopment costs, the timescale etc

They want to move. Everything that could be seen as a positive for staying is bad news. They say it can’t be done, yet the ones against it are the negative ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Stupie82 View Post
    The redevelopment idea was explored, but nothing went to the PDMC at ACC. It was said the ground would have to reduce it capacity to around 12,000, with possible redevelopment taking years to complete, hindering the club of further finances.
    It's just that same stuff again. I thought you'd seen the workings and evidence for a 12,000 capacity stadium. It's so strange that the club could nail it immediately by demonstrating it, and have now backtracked to the point of it would be a reduced capacity and where would we play in the mean time.

Meanwhile clubs in England redevelop large capacity stands in equivalent spaces, hemmed in by housing and roads.

It's just that same stuff again. I thought you'd seen the workings and evidence for a 12,000 capacity stadium. It's so strange that the club could nail it immediately by demonstrating it, and have now backtracked to the point of it would be a reduced capacity and where would we play in the mean time.

Meanwhile clubs in England redevelop large capacity stands in equivalent spaces, hemmed in by housing and roads.
    because they have the financial muscle and deep pockets to deal with it.

Quick question to someone who knows more about this Kingsford stadium than I do.

I have read on the clubs website a few times that the club reckon that moving to the new stadium will make Aberdeen FC one of the top 100 teams in Europe.

Why do they think that having a shiny new stadium and training ground will make them one of the top 100 teams in Europe?

Money talks and they also likely have councils who are open to the idea of development unlike the city council here.

On 16 December 2015 Haringey Council’s Planning Sub-Committee resolved to grant planning permission to Tottenham Hotspur to update their proposals for the stadium and the remainder of the site. This new permission was issued on 15th April 2016 by the Council and consented a larger stadium than that previously approved (61,000 seats rather than 56,250) and approved more flats on the wider site (579 rather than 285). Other changes approved include a new club store and museum described as ‘The Tottenham Experience’, an extreme sports centre, a 180 bedroom hotel, a community medical centre and new public square

Bolded part helps explain why they help get these developments through, with the offer to upgrade and/or build extra public facilities. Again, this is down to money. It also went to the high court over a compulsory land purchase order and they won it, again that costs money!! They also relocated over 70 businesses in the surrounding area.

I never said I saw "workings", all I said was that there were meetings on the redevelopment.

If no one trusts the club on this then stop supporting it. At the end of the day, the club have employed people who would have explored, costed the plans and took it to the planning application stage, just like they will have people to oversee the project if it goes to construction. I'm not saying we have to like Kingsford as the prime location, as I have explicitly stated, I can see both sides of that argument, but to believe there is some sort of cover up for redeveloping Pittodrie is entering into the tin foil hat conspiracy theories.

Mason, what have the club lied about exactly?
    Last edited by Stupie82; 17-01-2018 at 03:37 PM.

Page 307 of 560 FirstFirst ... 207257297305306307308309317357407 ... LastLast