+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 251 of 560 FirstFirst ... 151201241249250251252253261301351 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,510 of 5595

Thread: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

So we’re doing all this on the off chance we hang onto them for an extra season or two?

Quote Originally Posted by kkong View Post
    Holy ****, you mean that is you?

Good Lord.
    It's from PKR back in the days when they existed, the clue is in the "PKR"

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    So we’re doing all this on the off chance we hang onto them for an extra season or two?
    Lol, not at all.
    Your being too short sighted.
    We need to capture the momentm and the moment we have.
    It's only going to get tougher.

Anyway, back to the question at hand.
    I'll accept that Kingsford is not going to happen, but I'd like to know what you guys are proposing as the better option, especially considering the concerns over debt and how it will be financed.
    So what's do you propose and how much will it cost the club?
    What commercial options will we have?

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    I'm just not letting emotions rule my head.
    I can see there is a lot of emotional attachment in this forum, but that's not necessarily best for the club.

Why don't you define the best option and how much would it cost?
    The best option in my mind is to stop immediately with the horror scenarios of ground closures, matches in glasgow, end of the club etc. Clarify financing, transport links. Artists impressions and BS from club execs doesn't fly. The best option is redevelop Pittodrie and if that is a reduced 15-16K stadium then so be it. Beats 6,000 housed in a sheddy in 2021 Westhill. It's not for me to provide the supposed best options and how it will be achieved. That responsibility lies with the glaikit **** running the club. Honestly. I'm happy to stay where we are and as we are. It's fine, maintain and redecorate as we go. i'm willing to wager we're not going to sink anytime soon.
    Last edited by thebeachend; 20-10-2017 at 08:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by thebeachend View Post
    The best option in my mind is to stop immediately with the horror scenarios of ground closures, matches in glasgow, end of the club etc. Clarify financing, transport links. Artists impressions and BS from club execs doesn't fly. The best option is redevelop Pittodrie and if that is a reduced 15-16K stadium then so be it. Beats 6,000 housed in a sheddy in 2021 Westhill
    I don't believe regression is the way forward.
    Our average in the 6 home games we've played this year is 16,313.
    I don't see how streamlining and limiting fans ability to go to the games is the best way forward.

What's your estimated cost to redevelop Pittodrie as a smaller ground?
    I'm guessing this will also impact the ability to host games such the Scotland v Holland going forward.

I don't believe regression is the way forward.
    Our average in the 6 home games we've played this year is 16,313.
    I don't see how streamlining and limiting fans ability to go to the games is the best way forward.

What's your estimated cost to redevelop Pittodrie as a smaller ground?
    I'm guessing this will also impact the ability to host games such the Scotland v Holland going forward.

Regression, going forward... give it a rest eh?

You afraid I'll take your throne of negativity

Name:  gus.jpg
Views: 304
Size:  25.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by thebeachend View Post
    It's not for me to provide the supposed best options and how it will be achieved. That responsibility lies with the glaikit **** running the club.
    I get that viewpoint.
    I've previously been vocal against what Milne and co we're delivering.

Times change though and they have helped to deliver a management team and supported them to build a pretty decent team on the pitch.
    They're now trying to develop the off field situation and you can't criticise them for trying to improve the clubs position further.
    Failure to deliver this may come down to the fans and councils apathy for change.

You afraid I'll take your throne of negativity
    What exactly is it you want Aberdeen to be doing in future, that they’re not doing just now? Even if the new ground is a roaring success, the training facilities are world class & there’s no transport issues, we still aren’t going to win the league or do well in Europe.

The best hope for AFC is to be best placed to scoop up anything that isn’t won by the Huns or Tims. That’s achievable just now without moving.

Page 251 of 560 FirstFirst ... 151201241249250251252253261301351 ... LastLast