+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well done big Sam allardyce.

Well done big Sam allardyce.

True managerial great. Sad day when you were forced out of my club.

re: Well done big Sam allardyce.

Yes well done big Sam !
    I am pleased sunderland stay up and Newcasle go down..

Aucks claims you don't know what you get with managers off their past track record, along with tony pulis(another top notch manager in my book), I think Sam is an exception to that claim.

Indeed. Legend in his own lifetime. I remember SAF at Man.Utd saying words to the effect that Venkys sacking Sam when they did was one of the most stupid & incomprehensible things hed ever seen in 40 years(or whatever it was)involved in football. Truer words were never spoken. The football may have been dire(what do you want on a budget?)but we would still have been a Premier League club!

I think you should get over the past.. Big Sam is history.move on.. I dont think he will be back at ewood anytime soon..

Saxo - I have never denied what Sam is good at. He should always be specially employed as a trouble-shooter. I still doubt his ability to take a club right to the top, though. Perhaps he will prove me wrong with Sunderland.
    This doesn't make me change my general belief about managers, however. The facts are there for everybody to see in Wikipedia. Just look up someone's career and you will almost always see as many failures as successes.
    Benitez must be in the top rank, but he couldn't save Newcastle.
    I feel a bit sad about Norwich, actually, because the co-owner was a good friend for many years.
    Speaking of Norwich gives me a chance to reinforce my point about managers.
    Why did Paul Lambert do well there but poorly elsewhere?
    Why did Chris Hughton do badly at Norwich, but look good at other clubs?
    There just ISN'T some secret "good manager" formula!

I did say exception to the rule with Sam and pulis.

Quote Originally Posted by Turfmoorspirit
    I think you should get over the past.. Big Sam is history.move on.. I dont think he will be back at ewood anytime soon..
    Coming from a dingle that's rich! The mentions of former players(jay rod, Austin, trippier, ings) and managers(howe) success on CM is obsessive at times..

He is a true legend of the game. World class is banded around, this can be used for Big Sam. I agree with himm he should be manager of Barca.

His biggest achievement was this one.
    being above Villa (Ive not seen a worse top flight side in my lifetime) Norwich (not good enough for the prem with a novice manager and spent hardly anything, like Burnley) and one of the worst Newcastle sides in living memory. Aye .....he worked miracles. His side was one of the worst I've seen aswell (and I include us under Kean in this), but due to 3 worse sides he escaped.

Thats world class.

I hope you Like Keith Hill Sax, or that Lowe that nobody has ever heard of, as they will need to be of the quality of Big Sam when one of those 2 take over.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95
    He is a true legend of the game. World class is banded around, this can be used for Big Sam. I agree with himm he should be manager of Barca.

His biggest achievement was this one.
    being above Villa (Ive not seen a worse top flight side in my lifetime) Norwich (not good enough for the prem with a novice manager and spent hardly anything, like Burnley) and one of the worst Newcastle sides in living memory. Aye .....he worked miracles. His side was one of the worst I've seen aswell (and I include us under Kean in this), but due to 3 worse sides he escaped.

Thats world class.

I hope you Like Keith Hill Sax, or that Lowe that nobody has ever heard of, as they will need to be of the quality of Big Sam when one of those 2 take over.
    Enjoy yourself next season watching the world famous Clarets in the Premier league Champs.. You know it makes sense..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)