+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Joey Barton

re: Joey Barton

Nope, they want the highest wage they can get.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover
    What, you think I'm joking?
    If he is any good, he won't be staying at your place will he?
    He will move on like all the others, pretty sharpish n all .....
    thats not saying anything you dont already know? Or being all envious ......I hope he stays, I hope you don't throw the towel in, like the last few times you went up. I just dont see any real changes, so I think he'll be off ......
    I'm not sure about that, Champs. Fair enough, if it's ALL about the money, or if the Agent is allowed to make the decisions, I suppose a player will prefer Man City Reserves to the Burnley first team, but surely SOME of them actually want to play football! [/quote]

Don't worry about Champs Aucks,he's on one of his anti Clarets crusades again..Nothin wrong at all with that if you are a Bastid fan.. To be expected..

#champshatesburnley

What an odd post Alf.
    Of what I said, I'm sure I say 'I hope he doesn't go' and 'I hope you stay up'.
    In amoungst saying I think your highly rated striker may leave, he if someone came on from a bigger club, offering him more money. Aye .......it's a real campaign of hate.

Auks. If there is a player to turn down a big move, improving his wages, going to a bigger club, so he can stay and 'play football' then I'm yet to come across him. Or Fabien (using one example out of hundreds of thousands I could give you) Delph would have stayed at Villa and not joined Man City Reserves, jeapordising his international career. Is he sat up at night worrying about not playing? No......like 99.9999999999999% of well paid footballers, he simply counts his money, and doesn't worry. I wouldn't turn down a company offering to double my money. Nor would you. Nor would any footballer. As I pointed out in campaign of hate (I call it pointing out the bleeding obvious) ......this isn't something you don't all know already.

David Dunn loves Rovers. He was playing in a decent side, who won games, in the Premier league. Birmingham came in and offered to double his money. He didn't love Rovers any more or less, by deciding to take the money. Even if it meant leaving his home tow

You're probably right, Champs. (You too, Saxo). However, if a player has international aspirations, he surely wants to display his talent. As it is, you get multi-million-pound players who hardly get off the bench. For example, let's imagine Vardy had gone to Man City. Where would his career be now?
    I know I'm being naive, and you're being realistic, but you'd hope a few of them could think outside the box.
    On the issue of money, I have always been quite unmaterialistic. That's not a boast. I'm just not interested in clothes, cars, etc. But even if I was, would 3 million a year, as opposed to 1.5 million, make a massive difference to my life-style? How many houses can you live in at once? How many designer shirts can you wear in a week?
    Does that "Grumpy Old Men" series still exist? I think I should be invited to make a guest-appearance.

Grumpy old men? Bloody hell aucks, you've been away a while!

A pint of bitter for my mate Chumps95 !!

Champions !!

I like Champs ! His passion for :

hating Burnley is unrivaled...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)