+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Jack Leitch

Jack Leitch

After 12 years at the club Jack Leitch "It's time for me to move on".

All the best to him.

re: Jack Leitch

Best move for both parties...was never going to make it with us and if he was hed have done it in 12 years. Follow same route as Bob McHugh into championship and he may get more regular first team games.

I’m stunned he survived 12 years. He is a lower league player and should have moved him on years ago as never made any impact. We must learn to release players sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by dasdeid
    I’m stunned he survived 12 years. He is a lower league player and should have moved him on years ago as never made any impact. We must learn to release players sooner.
    Couldnt agree more , quite probably our biggest most consistent failing over last 25 years. We give far too many players far to long to prove themselves.

Not unexpected and I think its best for both parties. His departure should clear some space for a younger lad to move up. good luck to him. I also believe that Davie Clarkson is moving on too.

Quote Originally Posted by Wellup4it
    Not unexpected and I think its best for both parties. His departure should clear some space for a younger lad to move up. good luck to him. I also believe that Davie Clarkson is moving on too.
    Clarkson is another one that irritates me. Not the player but the club. Why exactly did we sign him? we never played him and wasted precious cash on a player who was already at the fag end of his career... Ditto McFadden, we need to stop these emotional misty eyed signings of players from our past. I bet there wont be much change out of £100,000 ****ed up against a wall to finance both those players and for what.

We made quite a few unnecessary and potentially costly signings last season. We can quite easily let these players go, cut the wage bill and still put a slightly stronger team on the park next season.

Quote Originally Posted by steviex
    Clarkson is another one that irritates me. Not the player but the club. Why exactly did we sign him? we never played him and wasted precious cash on a player who was already at the fag end of his career... Ditto McFadden, we need to stop these emotional misty eyed signings of players from our past. I bet there wont be much change out of £100,000 ****ed up against a wall to finance both those players and for what. [/quote]

That's it in a nutshell; the club has a real lack of vision when it comes to recruitment and this is something that has became ridiculous in the last few years. There is no desire to look to the future and forward plan, it just seems to be let's bring in x, y or z as they w

Any chance you can take yer auld man with you Jacko ?!?

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)