+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer changes

re: Summer changes

The manager must come first though in my opinion Wassall should remain at the club (back with the academy?) I think we need to play two strikers, a back to goal target man who feeds a diminutive forward with pace and a finish to match (Dean Sturridge style). Personally I would love to see us go for someone like Jermaine Defoe, he's 33 now but would be a 20+ man in the Championship for sure. He plays on/off that last man and Hughes would be his feeder all day long. I think we all agree we need a vocal leader at centre half as well, I will give some thought to possible candidates there.

Love the idea Manx...can't see Sunderland letting him go and think he'd probably prefer the U.S. or China to the Championship but 'someone like' him would be nice. Any suggestions?

I can't agree with letting Forsyth go. As for your 3 signings, I agree with the right back but if you want an up and coming centre back, you could try Reason who got rave reviews at Rotherham. Surely the wide player needed should be a right footed right winger. I would also add some competition for Martin.

In an ideal world I think we'd have 13-14 absolute top level first teamers, and then the rest of the squad would be made up of promising youngsters. Unfortunately we've now got quite a few squad players who are on big money which is never an ideal place.

I've seen quite a few of the U21 games this season and for me Farrend Rawson could be a player who could be promoted to the senior squad.

He's big and combative and decent on the floor, not lightning fast but certainly not slow and shows some character and leadership qualities which is rare for a younger player and I could definitely see him and Buxton providing cover next season for Shackell and Keogh.

I've seen Camara play a few times and been very disappointed. For all of his positive statements on social media, whenever I've seen him play he doesn't seem to show much appetite for working back to help the team and only really comes alive when the ball is at his feet, admittedly with mixed results.

Slightly worrying for m

Damn thederbyram, I wrote up an end of season review of every player after the first leg and decided to save it till after the second leg. I'll post it later in the week.

[quote="Rattea"?[/quote]

Thanks, I couldn't sleep and needed to get my thoughts down!

Whilst I agree that patience is required, I haven't even really seen flashes from Bradley Johnson and certainly not enough to get excited about. In theory I've agreed with you - I don't think we need first team replacements for any of the spine as my first choice midfield would be Thorne, Bryson and Hughes..

Quote Originally Posted by ellafella
    Really good write up get rid of Forsyth?. He is one of the best left-back in the championship and definitely one to keep.
    Hmmm, on the one hand having Olsson and Forsyth in the squad means we'd hopefully never be stuck, I can't help but think having both a) would unsettle one or the other, and b) be a disservice to Max Lowe and prevent him coming through.

I like Forsyth but I think if there was a time to let him go, it'd be now. On that note I prefer Olsson to Fozzy (just).

Quote Originally Posted by Ram59
    I can't agree with letting Forsyth go. As for your 3 signings, I agree with the right back but if you want an up and coming centre back, you could try Rawson who got rave reviews at Rotherham. Surely the wide player needed should be a right footed right winger. I would also add some competition for Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by simmo11
    I've seen quite a few of the U21 games this season and for me Farrend Rawson could be a player who could be promoted to the senior squad.

He's big and combative and decent on the floor, not lightning fast but certainly not slow and shows some character and leadership qualities which is rare for a younger player and I could definitely see him and Buxton providing cover next season for Shackell and Keogh.

Of course! You're both right and I'd forgotten entirely about Rawson! I'd be happy with those 4 going into next season.

[quote="simmo11"]In

Quote Originally Posted by RamBamFan
    Damn thederbyram, I wrote up an end of season review of every player after the first leg and decided to save it till after the second leg. I'll post it later in the week.
    I look forward to it. We'll obviously differ in places - will be interesting to see where!

[quote="AnagRam"]Really good, constructive and very fair post from thederbyram imo.
    Agree with a great deal of it although I'm with Ella on the subject of Forsyth.

For me the Ince issue is one that is crucial to sort. There's no doubt that he's a talented player but whether he's a team player seems to be the issue. Last night was a point in case. Hull had been terrified by Weimann running directly at them and putting the ball into danger areas but Ince contributed none of that and just came on to do his usual thing which provided us with nothing. I also don't like the brooding presence of 'Papa' Ince around the place. Can't honestly say why, it just doesn't feel positive somehow.

I'm also not sure about Russell, sorry Triz. He has his moments when he looks really busy and threatening but, imo, there's all too often very little end product and we've been waiting a long time now.

We need, more than anything imo, a good strong experienced manager who kn

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)