+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JOHNSON - DONT REMEMBER HIM PLAYING FOR LEEDS - ALMOST 30 ?? DUD.

JOHNSON - DONT REMEMBER HIM PLAYING FOR LEEDS - ALMOST 30 ?? DUD.

I didn't know he is almost 30 and for 6 million he should be the finished article at his age.

Sadly - we got robbed.

At Leeds, looking at pictures he looked really fit.

He is slow and overweight - with those silly muscles.

worst bit of business ever in my book.

re: JOHNSON - DONT REMEMBER HIM PLAYING FOR LEEDS - ALMOST 30 ?? DUD.

He was player of the year the previous year at a good Norwich side that went up......he was good last year.something has happened between then and now.

Johnson is a good player he just hasn't shown it at derby for some reason

In the way that Blackman was top man at Reading too.

Quote Originally Posted by ManxRam
    Very true...makes you think doesn't it.

Quote Originally Posted by paulo570
    Very true...makes you think doesn't it.[/quote]

...and isn't that the point? Blackman still has eleven goals this season despite having barely played since January. Johnson was excellent for Norwich just a year ago, very good for us when he arrived and immediately before his recent injury and Butterfield too was on everyone's wanted list while he was at Huddersfield, but has only really shown glimpses since he arrived at Derby.

These are good players...Camara too I suspect...but something is wrong in the way they've been handled. Maybe there was an atmosphere of resentment when they arrived, or maybe they've just not been used to their strengths or in the right formation. Either way, that's why I believe we need a 'new broom' to give the dressing room a good 'bottoming' and get these players, and a few others, performing at their bes

Quote Originally Posted by AnagRam
    Very true...makes you think doesn't it.[/quote]

...and isn't that the point? Blackman still has eleven goals this season despite having barely played since January. Johnson was excellent for Norwich just a year ago, very good for us when he arrived and immediately before his recent injury and Butterfield too was on everyone's wanted list while he was at Huddersfield, but has only really shown glimpses since he arrived at Derby.

These are good players...Camara too I suspect...but something is wrong in the way they've been handled. Maybe there was an atmosphere of resentment when they arrived, or maybe they've just not been used to their strengths or in the right formation. Either way, that's why I believe we need a 'new broom' to give the dressing room a good 'bottoming' and get these players,

Quote Originally Posted by helloloves
    I didn't know he is almost 30 and for 6 million he should be the finished article at his age.

Sadly - we got robbed.

At Leeds, looking at pictures he looked really fit.

He is slow and overweight - with those silly muscles.

worst bit of business ever in my book.

Hey do me a favour and take your caps lock off your DEAFENING ME

hopefully norwich will take him and martin back to carrow road now they have been relegated

and reading please take blackman back to the madjeski

Anag ram. You've hit nail right on head when you say MAybe there was an atmospheres of resentment when they arrived From what I've been told that is what happened players coming in on better contracts than those already here Nothing new it happens at most clubs I read an article by Boro defender Ben Gibson he was saying the was realm resentment when the new players were brought in and played ahead of the players who had got the club to were they were at the time

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)