+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Neil Warnock..?

re: Neil Warnock..?

For me PL had an inkling, or knowledge, of the way this was heading some time back. Maybe even to the last half dozen or so matches.
    He didn't want any of it and for me that's fairly understandable.
    His record with us was just not good enough, but without knowing of all the ins and outs aims and objectives and timescales laid down/agreed it is hard to make a true judgement call upon any 'failure'.
    I was never under the impression (as many seemed to be) he was nailed on Celtic man.
    Record with Villa, his with us, the damning 'no' percentage from their support, lack of top level stature and more than anything a knowledgable board/club making the assessment.
    I still would have preferred him to have been with us next term, but it's history we move on.

And how many times we have had to say that over the last four years, Despair!

By the way, I still think it was a bit cowardly of Lambert to duck out so quickly.
    It seems odd to me that someone with a reputation as a hard man should throw up his hands after six months and say, "This is to too tough for me."

Not disagreeing that from a totally personal standpoint it can be viewed as cowardly, but so can the personal dislike of someone ie Warnock .
    Edit: Aucks just read that back to myself and aware of how that could be taken! It was not meant to infer cowardly on your part by disliking Warnock, it was meant as a 'personal take' upon someone in referencing against their 'abilities'. Sorry if it caused offence.
    I tend to keep personal feelings out of it though;
    He had a walk away deal, he had Villa experience, he may have been courted by Derby or had them in his thoughts.
    Are Derby a better prospect than us? Well these pages tell their own story there.
    Its a dog eat dog world Aucks , well it is up here in the Northern hemisphere.
    Managers, players, foreign owners, agents, Sky etc.

That can show me as a realist or a pessimist, makes no odds, we are where we are.

Go waaan, call aucks a coward! Light the blue touch paper, stand back and watch..

Warren Joyce being touted now ..are people just randomly pickings out of thin air ?!

There's legs in this one.. Deal with Warnock called off after disagreements from both sides..

Its certainly another way to go, and who can say whether he'd be a success or not? Better choice than redfearn or hill anyway.

I know what Aucks means about the guys 'personality', and he may raise a glass (or two) to the failure of the 'discussions'. Yet again it may be another slap in the face towards Venkys for insistence upon doing it their way.
    Or, it could be the Wonga.
    Aucks, what about the Billy Davies link ? I'll say it now, he does seem to have a 'reputation', but his record (at Champs level) is good.

He doesn't like billy Davies either, not that he's in the running anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by jordan12rhodes
    I don't like Billy Davies either ,the little fat cont

Quote Originally Posted by jordan12rhodes
    I certainly took no offence at Despair's comment. I didn't read it in the way he feared.
    I admit my dislike of Warnock is a "personal' thing. He has always seemed revolting to me.
    All the same, I have said that I would support him if he was appointed. The same applies to Davies.

I notice, Saxo, that you are still refusing to take up my point about looking at the bad part of managers' records as well as the good.
    The poster you originally agreed with talked about Warnock gaining promotion eight times. Well, according to Wiki, it is seven - but the key is, he didn't even mention the three times Warnock's teams have been relegated, or the times he has been sacked/walked away because his team was sliding towards the relegation-zone.
    I will attempt to bring MHR back to the forum by saying: "It's all a question of balance."

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)