+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T My health scare

O/T My health scare

A week ago last Saturday I found a lump in a place that a gentleman only touches when he is in the shower. I rang my doctor's surgery on the following Monday, and was given a same day appointment. They got me straight in at Bassetlaw hospital and off I went for the blood tests and x-ray. I asked my doctor to arrange a full set of tests including blood sugar, cholestrol and so on.

So today I've been back for the results, they were testing for lymphona. It's the third time I've had to go back for the result of tests for cancer and its not pleasant. The other two were lung cancer and bowel cancer. You get out of car and as you walk you wonder if this is the end of the life you have enjoyed and you are heading towards dreadful side effects of your treatment and possibly the end of your life.

I can tell you its not pleasant. and I have the greatest admiration for those who are diagnosed positive and live bravely through their treatment.

Whilst I was waiting for my results, as you

re: O/T My health scare

Don't know the feeling myself but the wife had a mammogram a few years ago and got called back, she nearly had a break down before the appointment and I was shi ting a brick for her. (She got the all clear)

I admire anyone who's fighting cancer.

Good to hear your alright

I am pleased for you but slightly confused much and forgive me for interfering but I feel obliged.

I am assuming that you had a testicular lump and note your blood tests.

You say that you went to X-ray but don't say if you had an ultrasound scan of the testicle.

Maybe my assumption as to where the lump is situated is incorrect but if it is testicular then maybe you should talk to your doctor about a testicular scan.

If you have had one and it's normal then I will join you in having a glass of celebratory Champagne.

Again, please forgive me for commenting on your personal medical condition but I was a bit confused re your tests.

It's possible you are touching yourself in a place that I had not thought of and it's not your testicles at all.

I agree about tests being frightening and if all your tests are indeed normal may I suggest you delay the alcohol reduction for a day or two and down a couple of glasses of Champers.

It's actually in my groin just between my private bits and the top of my leg. It is probably a swollen lymph node which is a sign for lymphona (cancer of the blood cells). You have 600 lymph nodes and swelling is often caused by cancer in a nearby organ and several lymph nodes get affected together. I've only got one and they've ruled that and any major problems out but I've got to go back for a scan to find out exactly what it is.

On the strength of your extensive medical experience I'm going to accept your advice to delay my alcohol reduction. I only drink three days a week anyway and happily Wednesday is one of them.

Muchthemillersson, , I had similar problems to yours around six months ago.
    I had all the tests & an ultrasound. They sorted me out in less than six weeks.
    Mine wasn't Testicular Cancer but Epididymal ( spelling ? ) cysts, non- cancerous.
    They told me there would be no need to operate until the cysts grew larger.

Worrying times so good luck with your ultrasound.

Thanks MG, that's reassuring. I'm glad you got sorted so quickly too.

That makes sense Much...

Must be a great relief to get the all clear and for a time at least you will not worry about such things as gas bills.

Enjoy a celebration and then get healthy...all in moderation of course