+ Visit Swindon Town FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's all this about Barnsley Bar Stewards????

What's all this about Barnsley Bar Stewards????

Posted on a Walsall forum for people to share, so i'm sharing it here as we have Acido to shed some light

"PLEASE SHARE!! Barnsley Football Club are a disgrace to football and extremely discriminative! Me and my dad purchased disabled and carer tickets. As many of you know, my dad has numerous disabilities including a bypass on his leg making it difficult for him to climb stairs. They made us move from the front as there wasn't seats there and I simply asked for them to find us seats where we didn't have to climb stairs. Their exact words were 'he's not disabled enough cos he's not in a wheelchair'. They then proceeded to say it's only a few steps. The police came over and completely agreed with us. The stewards waiting until they had left and then proceeded to eject us from the ground. This is disgusting in my opinion. Vinniee Tomes rang the office after I had told him what had happened and they said my dad was causing trouble and he had been told 10 times to calm down. The steward

re: What's all this about Barnsley Bar Stewards????

It's called "good old Yawkshire hospitality" .. Awful really

Its got nothing to do with me though has it. Yes its bad if that happened, Im sorry for the fan and his dad if they were treat appallingly like that. What else can I say ?

Not your fault Acido but is this the norm up there?

Quote Originally Posted by Acido
    Its got nothing to do with me though has it. Yes its bad if that happened, Im sorry for the fan and his dad if they were treat appallingly like that. What else can I say ?
    I think you should take responsibility Acido for what happened LOL. We dont know what happened and only have the sons version of events, doesn't make sense the stewards threw them out for no good reason does it? More likely the father was rude and bolshy so will take that post with a pinch of salt!

Ive never had a run in with the stewards myself, but I have heard of them being heavy handed at times.
    I remember a big bust up when we played Bolton in an Fa cup tie some years ago. Both sets of players and then the stewards and then the police got involved, and the police even ejected one of the stewards for going way too far!

Its interesting to see you say that Laz, and your right actually. We do only have one side of this story and having felt disappointed etc.. the dad might have gone too far with his actions or comments. Im only guessing here though.

Yes one version of events thus far.
    Acido it sounds like you say your stewards are ate times over the top and aggressive, even leading to one being ejected.

On the other hand if there were no seats for the chap to sit in then why were they sold tickets for that area?

Or do you think the people were confused and trying to sit in an area which there tickets did not permit?

It should all be on CCTV and then there is the policemen's account?

At times steward types can ruin the atmosphere with some petty minded attitudes

Like Laz said take it with a pinch of salt Acido. ;-)

Id like to see what our fans say actually, I will post this on our board.

Don't worry Acido, it'll just rub salt into the wound

Im not worried Gaz, only one person replied anyway. Case closed!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast