+ Visit Southampton FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FA Cup Final

FA Cup Final

Despite feeling dirty and having to endure a deep sense of self loathing, really want the Mancs to win this.
    Why ?
    1. Hopefully LVG will hang on to his job (think he's doing a great job).
    2. More importantly, Saints won't have to play any Europa League matches pre season.

re: FA Cup Final

When I saw the subject I thought it might say - who do you think / want to win? In which case I was going to say that I always want the underdog and even more so against the mancs but if it meant LVG staying on and the plastics crying I'd be happy for a Manure win.

Man Utd to win for obvious reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by kernow
    2. More importantly, Saints won't have to play any Europa League matches pre season.

I thought finishing 6th in the P/L meant automatic qualification for Saint but we have to play in the early group stages as we did last year. What difference does a Manure FA Cup win make? Please explain??

Quote Originally Posted by ozsaint1976
    I thought finishing 6th in the P/L meant automatic qualification for Saint but we have to play in the early group stages as we did last year. What difference does a Manure FA Cup win make? Please explain??
    United have already qualified for the Europa group stages courtesy of their 5th place finish in the Prem.

If they win the FA Cup, Saints will be awarded the last of the group stage places.

If Palace win, they''ll take that group stage place and Saints would enter the comp in the third qualifying round.

Felt so sorry for the girl who failed to sing the national anthem - truly the stuff of nightmares, that..

As for the match itself, 50 minutes in and it's certainly not the greatest game I've ever seen.

Must admit to wanting Utd to win beforehand (for our Europa campaign) but I've been finding myself willing the ball into the net every time Palace attack.

And how unsurprising to see Clattenburg up to his usual tricks and doing his utmost to ruin the game.

You just knew Puncheon would score the minute he came on fffs.
    I feel dirty for his but I really want Utd to finish this.

If anyone from Palace was going to score, I'm glad it was Puncheon.

Smalling off - poetic after all the hanging on to opponents and wrestling he's been getting away with for the past couple of years.

Europa group stages here we come, get in.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast