+ Visit Southampton FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FA Cup Final

re: FA Cup Final

Quote Originally Posted by PapaLazarou
    I thought finishing 6th in the P/L meant automatic qualification for Saint but we have to play in the early group stages as we did last year. What difference does a Manure FA Cup win make? Please explain??
    United have already qualified for the Europa group stages courtesy of their 5th place finish in the Prem.

If they win the FA Cup, Saints will be awarded the last of the group stage places.

If Palace win, they''ll take that group stage place and Saints would enter the comp in the third qualifying round.[/quote]

So Manure have two spots, one for 5th place and one for FA Cup win. We take their 5th position spot and Wet Spam take our 6th position spot, is that correct?

That's about the gist of it.

There's a religious festival in Sri Lanka this weekend so the country is dry. Can't even get alcohol in the hotel. However, my sources managed to procure me some hooch so I managed to have a couple of drinks to celebrate the United win (Supporting Utd felt dirty but it was a means to an end). Was hoping to spend today watching the cricket but will have to spend my time taking the p1ss out of the locals on an England job well done.

I managed to start a Saints fan club here and already they hate those charity thieving sh1t sacks down the wrong end of the M27. I'm spreading the word. ????

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12