+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tax Justice Network

Tax Justice Network

Surprised this isn't a topic for conversation on here. Especially because when Rangers cheated us we went into admin?

Anyways have a read and let me know what youse think (if anything).

http://www.theoffshoregame.net/475-2/

re: Tax Justice Network

This doesn't surprise me in the least. Until and unless the SFA is completely overhauled, Scottish football will not move forward or prosper.

Quote Originally Posted by WoodyG
    Surprised this isn't a topic for conversation on here. Especially because when Rangers cheated us we went into admin?

Anyways have a read and let me know what youse think (if anything).

http://www.theoffshoregame.net/475-2/
    Maybe it's not a topic for conversation on here because most are more interested in Motherwell FC and onfield matters rather than politics involving another club which has nothing to do with us. I'm sure there's plenty of blogs, forums and Twitter feeds out there for folk who'd rather obsess about Rangers than talk about their own clubs.

Personally speaking, I couldn't give a f&ck what Rangers did or didn't do.

Not sure I would agree that Rangers cheated us, the tax man definitely, but they had nothing to do with us going into admin. That was Boyle chasing the dream, and most Well fans were more than happy, until it went tits up of course.
    The reason we went into admin was that our fan base was not large enough to sustain that kind of spend, that and the TV deals started to dwindle. If I remember correctly people lost jobs and local businesses were bumped because of our admin, not sure why you think that was Rangers fault, but your opinion.
    Personally I'm very tired of Well fans going on about Rangers, Sevco, New co, old co. As much as it's obvious there was wrong doing, it's as clear as mud to what actually happened, the courts can't even sort it out.
    I thought all this obsession was more suited to the interbred morons from Royston that follow the other mob.
    Point is, I don't think we should judge anybody. Is there any club in Scotland that hadn't done shady things at some point?
    We

Quote Originally Posted by andyss1886
    Not sure I would agree that Rangers cheated us, the tax man definitely, but they had nothing to do with us going into admin. That was Boyle chasing the dream, and most Well fans were more than happy, until it went tits up of course.
    The reason we went into admin was that our fan base was not large enough to sustain that kind of spend, that and the TV deals started to dwindle.
    I agree with this, which is why I don't believe fan ownership can work at Motherwell. I subscribe monthly to the Society, but I do not believe we have a big enough fan base to continue at a high level. I genuinely fear for the future of the club

There are far too many folk out there who seem more interested in 'Rangers' than the club they actually support and this is something that actually helps to hold the Scottish game and Scottish society back. Attendances at some clubs grounds are at an all time low - ours being one of them - Scottish clubs can't make it past the prelim rounds in European competition and the game is dying on its arse yet all some fans are bothered about is Rangers and all the murky politics surrounding them. Maybe if more focussed their energies on supporting their own clubs instead of obsessing and mock outraging about what goes on at Ibrox then the game would be in a better state.

As I said, I don't care whether Rangers did or didn't 'cheat' or whatever legal/illegal/moral/immoral scheme they may or may not have operated over a decade ago; let the courts and and their legal advisors concern themselves with that and let the rest of us concentrate on the football and our own clubs fortunes.

The reason so many people keep on about "The Rangers" is that between them and "Glasgow Celtic" we see the face of bigotry and sectarianism. We also are sick of the way the establishment bend the rules to help both of them. They have already started re-writing history as to what happened. The only rules broken where to allow a new team to join the league without following the rules set down. Does hating everything about both of them make me a lesser Motherwell fan..NO!!. Should we be sorry when something bad happens to them..No. Unlike LSM I can't take the stand that it has nothing to with Motherwell, so it should not bother us.

I'm not saying you can't hate them, just that I don't see why so much energy goes into obsessing about them, Rangers in particular. By all means hate away but I've no interest in all the internal politics about tax schemes or dodges that may or may not have been operated or whether or not they were legal or not. I'll say it again, whatever went on, it had nothing to do with us and has had no bearing whatsoever in what we have done during that same period. Surely to God we've got more to concern ourselves with than Rangers?

It's got very little to do with Motherwell, just as us putting people on the bru because iof our financial management has very little to do with them. And yes they are similar things. Both examples were spending money for a sporting advantage they could ill afford.
    End of story, move on.

Quote Originally Posted by andyss1886
    It's got very little to do with Motherwell, just as us putting people on the bru because iof our financial management has very little to do with them. And yes they are similar things. Both examples were spending money for a sporting advantage they could ill afford.
    End of story, move on.
    Its got everything to do with Motherwell. What the TJN report is saying is that we have a governing body which is not fit to govern.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)