+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Scottish Cup Final

Scottish Cup Final

re: Scottish Cup Final

A thoroughly enjoyable game. Good to see Hibs prevail. Maybe we should ask for Danny back now.

Happy to see Hibs ending their Scottish Cup hoodoo and I think the win was very much deserved. Unfortunately the Hibs fans "Hibsing" it at the end will detract from the team's achievement and the focus will undoubtedly be on the disgusting scenes of the pitch invasion. No doubt some will try and deflect some blame onto the SFA, the Police and Stewards, that is what Scottish football is best at, Clubs not taking full responsibility for their fans actions. The pitch invasion is understandable as football is an emotional game and it is easy to get caught up in the events around you, but the vandalism to the stadium , assaulting opposition players (allegedly) and goading opposition fans takes things far beyond what is acceptable. Instead of leaving Scottish football with a proud feeling of staging a great sporting spectacle to the World we are left with the feeling of anger and embarrassment that will be talked about far more than Hibs' overdue Cup success.
    I hope that the authorities

Great result for Hibs and I am delighted that they have finally managed to get their hands back on the old trophy! It was an emotion filled day and in a way I can't blame the Hibs fans for running on the pitch, although it did lead to some chaos. Unfortunately the Billy Boys rang up around the stadium at the end which just sums up an unfortunate segment of society who need to get a grip.

It was a bit worrying to see a couple of Rangers fans trying to grab hold of a kid and drag him backwards. No idea what they were trying to do. It is at the start of this video https://www.periscope.tv/w/1mnxewwebrrGX

Quote Originally Posted by CptQueens
    Great result for Hibs and I am delighted that they have finally managed to get their hands back on the old trophy! It was an emotion filled day and in a way I can't blame the Hibs fans for running on the pitch, although it did lead to some chaos. Unfortunately the Billy Boys rang up around the stadium at the end which just sums up an unfortunate segment of society who need to get a grip.

It was a bit worrying to see a couple of Rangers fans trying to grab hold of a kid and drag him backwards. No idea what they were trying to do. It is at the start of this video https://www.periscope.tv/w/1mnxewwebrrGX
    Are you for real?

Quote Originally Posted by QoS02

Are you for real?[/quote]

Yes?

Quote Originally Posted by CptQueens

You make no mention of the destruction of the goalposts,turf and the assaults on Rangers players and officials by Hibs fans !

Fair point - I think it was clear for everyone to see how destructive and reckless some of the Hibs fans behaviour was, so there isn't really a need for me to reiterate something that is all over the news at the moment and obvious for all to see. I just thought it was rather ridiculous seeing these men trying to grab a kid and again with the ridiculous songs. These actions were very much overshadowed by the Hibs supporters actions.

Quote Originally Posted by QOS_MAD_ADMIN

You make no mention of the destruction of the goalposts,turf and the assaults on Rangers players and officials by Hibs fans ![/quote]

Some only see what they want to see.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)