+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Skelton is boss

Skelton is boss

Well , knock me down with a feather. I have just keeled over in shock at this most unsurprising news

re: Skelton is boss

Did try and tell you it would be announced today after the season had finished folks

Underwhelmed TBH

Jim Thomson with yet another position within the club , that's even more underwhelming

The bookies were on the ball (no pun intended) with their odds on Skelton - good luck to the guy but
    he has a massive job on to put a really competitive team on the park to match the likes of the Arabs,
    Hibees, Bairns and others.

I agree it will be difficult but hopefully he has enough contacts to bring in some decent players ,I see a lot of guys from the north of England appearing, which is not a bad thing as we have had a lot of success with guys from there. It is also up to the board to give him the funds to compete, lets hope they have learned from last year , play boring football and there is a lot less cash coming through the turnstiles.

This is fantastic news. I'll be £256 better off next season. I'll now be following the club from the comfort of 'open all mics'..

Quote Originally Posted by Sane_Man
    This is fantastic news. I'll be £256 better off next season. I'll now be following the club from the comfort of 'open all mics'..
    Congratulations you are the first to slag off the new manager and spoken like a true non supporter. Enjoy your money meanwhile the true Doonhamers will give Skelton at least the opportunity to prove himself before engaging in negativity and I for one will be getting my season ticket and supporting the South as I have always done. Mon the South.

Yes a uninspiring appointment but then the list of potentials was uninspiring.

On the plus side he always seems enthusiastic and encouraging from the touchline and the two games he was in charge at the end of the season he certainly took the shackles off the likes of Miller so maybe didn't have as much influence under the Fowlers regime as we fear.

Lets see the caliber of player he brings in first. If its in the same vain as last season, more young naive hopefuls 5,2 foot in height then be worried.
    I would think with training more in Dumfries we could be tapping into the English market for players.

His biggest new signing must be a experienced assistant IMO.

Good luck Gav Skelton , he's the easy and most probably cheapest option . With rumours of a reduced budget this year he was likely their preferred option

Not surprised to see big Jimmy Thomson with yet another job title . Bet the managers happy the Thomson's will be earning even more money whilst he's to work with less

well the decisions been made now ,nout anyone can do about it ,lets just hope he can get the right quality of players in to do the job ,and a style of play that could add numbers to the gate .

Quote Originally Posted by Sane_Man
    OK, bye then .

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)