+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The media say it's Paul Hurst.....

re: The media say it's Paul Hurst.....

Quote Originally Posted by crookadile
    No league experience whatsoever. It took him 5 year to get the Codheads out of the Conference.
    Didn't realise he's managed Fleetwood??

Don't mention Cod to anyone from Grimsby or Cleethorpes.

Harry Haddock rules over there. I should know because er indoors is from there.

Quote Originally Posted by jolly_roger
    Do you know, when I were a lad you could get a tram down into t'town, buy three new suits an' an ovvercoat, four pair o' good boots, go an' see Frank Randall at t'Palace Theatre, get blind drunk, 'ave some steak an' chips, bunch o' bananas an' three stone o' monkey nuts an' still 'ave change out of a farthing.
    You could get pi**ed on a Ten Bob Note, & still got one, hee lad them were the days.

[quote="mikemiller"]The White Lion, in its heyday, was a lovely cosy pub and good meeting place for a pre-match (or after-match) drink. Great pint of Wards - the pub was a regular in the CAMRA good beer guide for many years too.

I don;t think that J.Smiths brew "real" Magnet any more - I haven't even seen the bottled version for years.
    A pity, because it was so much better than the rather thin John Smiths Bittter.[/quote

I was supping Magnet yesterday in Wombwell, not a great drink, but the only other beer on offer was John Smiths (sh*t ) smooth.

Have you tried John Smith's cask ale fella, really nice drop of stuff that, a throwback to when beer was decent.

Best pint of Wards I had was at the Wentworth, top gate River Don works talking 70's, 80's. Stones Thurcroft Hotel again 70's, 80's. Used to walk past you could small hops from cellar down below. Never liked Magnet, always used to drink John Smiths bitter.

Can still get "Magnet" in the Milton and Yellow Lion in Geasborough,....the Lion sells loads of it.

Its not the same, avon...it hasnt been for years..half a dozen pints of it would knock your head off years ago, same as wards..and yet they say its the same strength..cobblers...half a dozen carling now and im still warming up...its all crap...

Quote Originally Posted by gwru
    Best pint of Wards I had was at the Wentworth, top gate River Don works talking 70's, 80's. Stones Thurcroft Hotel again 70's, 80's. Used to walk past you could small hops from cellar down below. Never liked Magnet, always used to drink John Smiths bitter.

Rubbish….best pint o' wards was at the Crin opposite the bus station….some of the ward brewery guys use to drink there saying it was the pint in South Yorkshire….

Not sure how we got to this subject from the original topic but hey-ho. Anyway can't say it's the best pint in Rotherham because I've not been in 95% of the pubs but the John Smiths in The Riverside just off Sheffield Road is absolutely superb, nicest pint I've had in years!

So where does Paul Hurst drink, then?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast