+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW MANAGER ON THE VERGE !.......(inside sources) !.........blimey !!

re: NEW MANAGER ON THE VERGE !.......(inside sources) !.........blimey !!

Lots of people seem to think that we suddenly need a straight-talking hardman type of manager all of a sudden. Have people been spending too much time listening to Holloway?

I Disagree. Don't think indiscipline or conscious lack of effort can be levelled at this team.

Sherwood not tactically aware enough IMO. A Sherwood/Pearson character wouldn't get the best out of our type of squad (footballers).

All this call for experience too, doesn't really call for Sherwood. Yes, some PL experience, but most of it bad!

Shooting a guy down before his appointment, is this the Derby way? He might not be the most popular choice but are people's preferences hope rather than expectation? Would a candidate not be asking why having lost just 5 games was Clement sacked? Sherwood or whoever gets the job will get my backing as the manager of our club.

Quote Originally Posted by ManxRam
    Shooting a guy down before his appointment, is this the Derby way? He might not be the most popular choice but are people's preferences hope rather than expectation? Would a candidate not be asking why having lost just 5 games was Clement sacked? Sherwood or whoever gets the job will get my backing as the manager of our club.

Surpirsed you guys got sucked in by this

Not the Derby way but having an opinion about it is surely 'the internet forum way'. Surely we are allowed to express a preference Mr Goering.

i was in the pub last night with 2 other derby fans talking about our managers over the years . what a rollercoaster it,s been from the majestic title winners clough + mackay then straight on to the bosses that couldn,t run a corner shop docherty , newman , addison + murphy . back again to the sublime cox + bald eagle . back to the dross since smith . gregory brown clough junior . has any club had as many good /bad managers over the years as the rams have ?

Of course everyone is entitled to a view and I respect them but the guy hasn't even got the job it's been decided that he's not worthy and the wrong guy. Will make my feelings known on an appointment rather than a rumour.

Keith I reckon most if not every club has had their share of misfits. Ours has certainly thrown up a bit of everything.

It'll be Harry with Wassall as his number 2

Is Sherwood having second thoughts??? Is the deal right ??? whats the hold up !?

Quote Originally Posted by helloloves
    Is Sherwood having second thoughts??? Is the deal right ??? whats the hold up !?
    Or a 4th question, was it all BS to start with? Why don't you just ask your "inside source"?

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)