+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: I shed a tear for West Ham!

I shed a tear for West Ham!

OK, the title may have been deliberate to draw you into this post but that's what I wanted it to do!

It was watching the BBC ( I hate that corporation by the way) documentary 'The Last Whites of the East End' that got me ....well, emotional. it wasn't just the fact that I could associate my own feelings with that documentary, and I do, it was seeing the 'Boleyn' Ground of West Ham, surrounded by the houses of the local community that drew that tear!

For over a hundred years that football ground, and the sides that have played in it, has been cemented in the heart of it's community. It was formed for the people, it stood there for the people and it was played in for the people but now the powers in control have sold its soul and are moving it away from that community in the pursuit of money. Plain and simple! It's a tragedy and in my opinion shameful! I would be absolutely gutted if the same happened to Molineux, our home, of a similar age and in a similar place. it would tear m

re: I shed a tear for West Ham!

Brilliant comment, Plates ..... For many years I've had the feeling that 'big money' is slowly stealing the
    heart and soul out of this game that we love. It seems that a manipulative, greedy, miinority control the future of the game and it pisses me off that we are unable to do anything about it.

The championship final yesterday was rumoured to be worth close to £170m to Hull City. It's often classed as the richest game in football. The ultimate goal is to reach the so called promised land.

Over the last twenty yeas or so we have seen new stadiums being built for Arsenal, Derby,Middlesbrough, Reading, Southampton and Sunderland, just to a few. I prefer their old grounds, a better feel and atmosphere and part of the community.

Money dictates football, fans are being charged well over the odds in my opinion and i don't really see a way back.

I'm getting to the point where I hate where I live, I was born and bred here and now I'm Marginalised I don't care what others may think I want my country back!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)